-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Two "New" Futurama Episodes Coming Up On Fox!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted May 24 2003 - 08:20 AM

Well, I'm sure we all know by now that the mega-brilliant Futurama will not be back on Fox come Autumn. Not a big shock.

Fox still has eight unaired episodes to go through and it seems two of them will air early next month:

June 1st brings us "The Sting" and June 8th sees "The Farnsworth Parabox" for the very first time.

Set those TiVos everyone! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Then we still have six more to enjoy...eventually.

More info available from the episode guides at www.gotfuturama.com

#2 of 9 Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted May 24 2003 - 09:14 AM

My TiVo guide info for "The Sting" claims that it is a repeat. People may need to manually add it to their To Do List if they've set their Season Passes for first run only.

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#3 of 9 Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 05:33 AM

From http://www.gotfuturama.com/:
FOX announced their Fall 2003 schedule and there's no place for [Futurama], says the entertaining FOX president Gail Berman. Instead, Oliver Beene will take over the 7PM death-slot for a while. He'll likely be replaced mid-season by a British-made Japan-style humiliation game show called Banzai featuring elderly people in wheelchairs playing a game of chicken to the commentary of a fake cliché-Asian voice.

Posted Image Posted Image
I definitely would have watched Futurama, but I'm sure not going to watch any of that **** they are replacing it with.

#4 of 9 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 09:40 AM

Quote:
He'll likely be replaced mid-season by a British-made Japan-style humiliation game show called Banzai featuring elderly people in wheelchairs playing a game of chicken to the commentary of a fake cliché-Asian voice.

Dear god, tell me this is a farce. Then again, this is the same network that gave us the Championship of Eating...

(Why can't they just bring back Parker Lewis if they are going to this kind of trouble.. they might as well air unused eps of Herman's Head)
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#5 of 9 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 01:59 PM

Quote:
I definitely would have watched Futurama, but I'm sure not going to watch any of that **** they are replacing it with.

I'd much rather they show a REAL Japanese game show, rather than that bad faux-one. How about Takeshi's Castle? That would have been fantastic

#6 of 9 JohnAP

JohnAP

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted May 30 2003 - 05:21 PM

Wait, Futurama is dying for Oliver Beane? That Wonder years/Malcom retread? Man, I knew the show was over when they shut down production last year, but that just makes the sting even worse. It's still amazing to me that Fox never figured out what they had. I love the show, but I never knew when it was going to be on.

#7 of 9 Mark Evans

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts

Posted May 30 2003 - 11:08 PM

Fox has had its head up its ass for quite some time. If your show doesn't air well in the first two episodes it's canned. By their illustrious standards such notable TV "bombs" like the X-Files and Seinfeld would undoubtedly have been yanked off the air before hitting second season Posted Image.

They've killed enough good shows that I don't bother watching Fox much since I know exactly what will happen anyway. Never bothered with Firefly because I knew it wouldn't last. It was just as screwed as Action and Brimstone, two Fox shows I liked that got canned outright.
Mark Evans

"I'm sure that's it. Maybe I should write a horror novel on passive resistance instead."
- Gabriel Knight

#8 of 9 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted May 31 2003 - 02:46 AM

Quote:
Never bothered with Firefly because I knew it wouldn't last.
Will somebody explain the logic behind this to me? Okay, maybe we only got ten hours, but I enjoyed them greatly. Wouldn't not watching them because I don't think I'll get 22 do me no good?
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#9 of 9 Mark Evans

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts

Posted May 31 2003 - 03:08 AM

Jason I just don't enjoy investing my time into characters who are likely to get axed without any completion to story arcs or adequate time to develop.

It's like reading a five hundred page novel and finding somebody's ripped out the back three hundred pages.
Mark Evans

"I'm sure that's it. Maybe I should write a horror novel on passive resistance instead."
- Gabriel Knight

Forum Nav Content I Follow