What's new

Fox continues to impress- 'Flight of The Phoenix', 'The Long, Hot, Summer' & 'From the Terrace' (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
picked up Flight Of The Phoenix the other day along with Long, Hot Summer, (may go back for The Hot Rock and Brubaker later)
both for $10.
Only watched Flight... so far but the qulaity was, on the whole, excellant.
very minor to no ee, excellent blacks and amazing color and detail. hard to believe its almost 40 years old.
sound was just ok, but i never usually expect too much in this area on most films this age.

the last couple weeks have just been incredible for catalog material- and much of it at a $10 street price.
It does the heart good to see a major studio putting out quality discs of catalog titles @ this kind of price point.

i was planning on holding back a little, but i just might have to go back and grab the rest now.

Well done Fox!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Paul,

After doing so many Fox catalog reviews I can
most always be certain that their transfers are
top-notch -- even for DVDs selling in the $11 range.

I am always satisfied with product out of that studio.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i never really gave Fox that much thought before, and i'm still disappointed we won't be seeing sparkling new remasters of the Rodgers & Hammerstein musicals anytime soon.
but i have to admit after Quest For Fire and now Phoenix, i'm impressed.
they are at the top of the game.

i hope we'll be seeing a lot more interesting catalog titles from them in the next 12 months.
i still have a bunch of Lds i have to replace.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Today, I watched two Fox releases which were "The Long, Hot, Summer" and "From the Terrace" both starring Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. To say I'm please with both releases is an understatment as well as considering I paid less than $10 for each dvd.

Next up, is "Brubaker" and "The Hot Rock" again priced at less than $10 each.

Crawdaddy

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
The Long Hot Summer and From the Terracxe are both excellent - still dont know why Fox is doing these 2.0 instead of the original 4.0.
A little bird told me thye are now working on DVDs of the Black swan with Tyrone Power ( how about the much needed Prince of Foxe3s and Untamed with him?) and Diary of Anne Frank - hope they do the uncut roadshow version with Overture, end of Act One music, Intermission and Exit Music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks