What's new

video switching (1 Viewer)

DavidAM

Second Unit
I have a Harman Kardon 520 which has video switching. Does this mean when I switch the input on my reciever, the TV should automatically switch its input to corrolate with the input on the reciever? If not, is there anyway I can do that? I hate having to change the TV to input 2, then change my receiver to input 2 to play xbox, or watch a DVD, etc.

Jason GT

Second Unit
If I understand your first question: not exactly. Your TV will not switch itself to the correct source.

What you can do, however, is run everything through the receiver (let's just say for the sake of argument S-Video) and then run a single S-Video cable from your S-vid output on the receiver to a S-Vid in on the TV.

So basically:
Xbox, DVD, Satellite box (whatever) S vid ---> HK
HK S vid --> TV.

Set your TV to always use the S-Video input, and when you switch the sound source on the receiver, you will also switch the video

DavidAM

Second Unit
Oh, I did not know it worked like that. Is that video switching? If not, exactly what is video switching?

Jason GT

Second Unit
This is video switching. Your receiver acts as a junction and decides which video signal is output to your television set.

Assuming your TV is new enough, it probably switches video as well. as you have figured though, it's often more convenient to switch video only once though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks