Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Red Dwarf 3

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 OFFLINE   Jonathan White

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted May 24 2003 - 12:17 AM

Looks like it is due this November and there is also a rough draft of the cover up at http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/

"We will confirm the actual release date as soon as we can. It is going to be sometime in November

The DVD will be packed with bonus material just like Series 1 & 2 including out takes and interviews plus much more that we can not reveal to you yet as it's still in production!"

Great news

#2 of 17 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted May 24 2003 - 02:46 AM

I should warn that that date is for UK ONLY Series 3 and 4 will hit the US February 2004

#3 of 17 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted May 24 2003 - 12:21 PM

It's a damn shame that they are only releasing it once a year. I've got the first two series and I'm impatiently waiting for the rest of them. Still, they certainly are nicely put together...the commentaries are quite fun to listen to. I just which that they would release 2 sets every six months instead.Posted Image
Recently watched- Guardians Of The Galaxy 3D, Ender's Game, Escape From L.A., Highlander 2, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Escape From New York, The Interview, Trancers, Don Jon, Under Fire, Major Dundee: Extended Version, Brannigan, Used Cars, Hard Times, The Mechanic(1972), The Dogs Of War, Fast & Furious 6

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 3, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 2, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2, Heroes: Season 2, The Pacific

"Well now I'm standing. Happy? . We're all standing now. Bunch of jackasses. Standing in a circle."

#4 of 17 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,769 posts

Posted May 24 2003 - 07:32 PM

In fairness, a lot of the key personnel have been involved in making the Red Dwarf movie, which may account for the apparently sluggish release schedule.

I must admit that I'm salivating at the prospect of this DVD. The standards of the last disc were high, and series 3,4, and 5 are my favourites. Sorry you guys across the Herring Pond have to wait another few months. Posted Image

#5 of 17 OFFLINE   JoeMKal

JoeMKal

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 11:51 AM

is there any difference between the region 1 and 2 discs they're releasing (or have released) as far as features etc

#6 of 17 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 01:23 PM

The only difference is that a montage of drinking scenes is missing that used the Chumbawumba "Tubthumping" song that they didn't have rights to in the US

#7 of 17 OFFLINE   Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 04:44 PM

That song's poularity has really declined. How expensive could it be?
My Collection

#8 of 17 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 05:41 PM

It's still used all over the place, and it's still big in the UK. A minimum of $10,000, probably closer to $30 as high as $50,000 For a 3min montage of drinking clips Not worth it

#9 of 17 OFFLINE   Elvie

Elvie

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 08:04 AM

Silly question this early I know, but will they release Series 3 & 4 together like they did 1 & 2?? The RD site only seems to list Series 3 *hmmm* I'll try to be patient while waiting *runs off to pop series 1 & 2 back into dvd player*

#10 of 17 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 10:07 AM

[quote] Silly question this early I know, but will they release Series 3 & 4 together like they did 1 & 2?? [quote]
Yes, that's the plan. UK releases are November & February and US releases are in February. One only hopes that they speed this process up after the movie wraps or I'll be 30 before Series 7 & 8 come out!

I couldn't find cover art for Series 3 & 4 at the official site. Can anyone point me to the pics?
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#11 of 17 OFFLINE   Jonathan White

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 10:54 AM

Try this link

http://www.reddwarfshop.co.uk/

#12 of 17 OFFLINE   Eric F

Eric F

Screenwriter

• 1,810 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 03:08 PM

And we all know when you hit 30 you start losing your eyesight...

#13 of 17 OFFLINE   Elvie

Elvie

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted May 27 2003 - 10:11 AM

[quote] And we all know when you hit 30 you start losing your eyesight... [quote]

So true ... along with your waistline Posted Image

#14 of 17 OFFLINE   Chris_Marin

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted November 13 2003 - 12:32 PM

Red Dwarf Series 3 & 4 have now been officially announced:

"BBC have sent us details of their February 3rd releases of the third and fourth series of Red Dwarf. Each set will all cotain six episodes for each series and will cost $34.98 each.

The Series 3 set will include audio commentaries with the cast members for all six episodes; an All Change documentary; raw FX rootage; isolated music cues; trailers; a 12-page collector's booklet; a Food featurette; Hattie's DJ Diary, A Tribute To Designer Mel Bibby; audio book chapters; a photo gallery; and Smeg-Ups & deleted scenes galore.

Series 4 will have cast commentaries for each episode; a Built To Last documentary; a Lurve featurette; the Can't Smeg Won't Smeg special; an Ace Rimmer - A Life In Lame featurette; raw FX footage; isolated music cues; trailers, a 12-page collector's booklet; Smeg-Ups and deleted scenes and a photo gallery."

Click here for the full article including large images of the cover art.

#15 of 17 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted November 13 2003 - 02:09 PM

It might also be of interest, as I mentioned when I posted this news 2 weeks ago ( :wink: ), is that these are also going to be available together in a 2-Pack on the same release date. Though the SRP ends up being about the same, it's probable that retailers will sell the combo pack for less then getting the separate releases.

P.S. - don't forget that "Additionally, the first 30,000 units will contain a limited edition, exclusive trading card set!"
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#16 of 17 OFFLINE   Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski

Supporting Actor

• 556 posts

Posted November 14 2003 - 04:04 AM

Oh Smeg!

#17 of 17 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted November 14 2003 - 06:46 AM

[quote] you start losing your eyesight...... along with your waistline [quote]

I haven't "lost" my waistline as much as it seems I've "found" someone else's in addition to my own...
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users