What's new

Looking For a Good Prog. Scan DVD Player......... (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I am currently looking for a new DVD player. Have around $300 to spend. Mostly looking for prog. scan since my previous one didn't have it. Have been looking around a bit, but their is much to choose from. Any ideas?? I appreciate it......

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The Toshiba 4800 has many features - progressive scan and DVD-A among them, including a setting for viewing progressive 4:3 material - and can be had for around $160. There seems to be some debate whether it has the chroma bug.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Are you looking for any specific features besides progressive scan video? If not, you might want to hunt down one of last year's Panny's, eg. RP82, XP30, XP50, CP72. Also, if your TV has DVI/HDCP input, you might want to consider the Bravo D1 or Samsung HD931.

If you want aspect ratio scaling, the old Panny RP91 is probably your best bet although the Bravo D1 might be good for that also. Do a search and you should find a couple recent/current threads about this feature to know whether you need it.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks