What's new

What is my best option for a wireless video transmitter? (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm looking to send the Directv signal of my living room TV to my bedroom TV via one of those wireless systems that I've seen for sale. Has anyone had experience with any particular one? Like the X10 model perhaps? Or any other?
Thanks!

Phil

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,
I use a Radio Shack 2.4 GHz sender/receiver in the exact application you are considering. I have had no problem as long as I adjust the paddle/antennas correctly. I send my sat. signal all over the house, exercise room, bedroom, etc. The only time I have signal interruption is if the microwave in the kitchen is on, it scrambles the signal.
Radio Shack here in Canada carries two models, both are 2.4 GHz, but one lists a range of 100ft and the other 300ft. I have the 100 foot one. A friend of mine bought the 300 foot model on sale and they seem to perform about the same in my house.
My sat receiver is on the main floor and I send it both to the basement and second floor with no problems. My sat. receiver has a UHF remote so I can change channels from either floor. There is the occasional hum on the audio feed or static in the video signal if the paddles/antennas are not aligned. I found that by playing around with them I can eliminate both problems. Once aligned, the picture is suprisingly good.
In Canada they sell for $149.00 cdn(100ft model) and
$199 cdn(300ft model). They seem to go on sale regularly though.
In case you are wondering my house is roughly 2500 sq/ft, and Radio Shack is usually pretty good in accepting returns if you aren't satisfied as long as you have all the original packaging(but I check with them first before buying).
Good Luck,
Phil

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
I have the DVD Anywhere from X-10 and it works very well. It's $70 and you get $30 in gift certs when you buy. It comes with a remote and a PC dohicky that I've never used. The remote is worth $20! I've also used it to send the digital output from my reciever to another digital reciver in my garage. Works great! I never tried sending video with the digital together but it might be worth a try.
Pete
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks