Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Why didn't Mitch Mitchell start a new band?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted May 23 2003 - 02:40 AM

Thinking of the Noel Redding's death and him starting his own band 'Fat Matress' after he left tJHE made me wonder why Mitch Mitchell never really was a part of anything great or at least good when Jimi died. The guy is one of the most underrated drummers ever and was truly a great talent and you would think he would of been in a band that made a few records. I read a little about his post JHE days but nothing really huge, he was however part of 'The Dirty Mac' a band made up of John Lennon, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, and Mitchell himself(that's an unreal lineup) but I don't think they made any albums. Does anyone know why MM never went on to other projects? Just curious.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown

Second Unit

• 449 posts

Posted May 23 2003 - 04:07 AM

Actually, Mitch Mitchell did play in another band after Hendrix, but I'm darned if I can remember the name!

Edit: The band was "Ramatam" that featured an exceptionally beautiful female lead guitarist, April Lawton back in the 70's. He has also played drums on a suprisingly long list of projects in the 70's, 80's and 90's, including some recordings and gigs with Billy Cox! Go here for some more info:

http://listen.to/mitchell

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted May 23 2003 - 04:33 AM

Mitch's name is actually Henry Manchovitz.
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown

Second Unit

• 449 posts

Posted May 23 2003 - 07:39 AM

Back to your question, Jeremiah, as to why Mitch didn't get back into a major band after Jimi died, I feel that he just didn't have his heart in it any more. I believe that he idolized Jimi, and after playing with him so much live and in the studio he just couldn't get excited again about playing with anybody else.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 06:36 AM

Sorry I haven't responded, just got caught up in my own thing and forgot I had a post in this forum. Thanks for the responses.

[quote] I feel that he just didn't have his heart in it any more. I believe that he idolized Jimi, and after playing with him so much live and in the studio he just couldn't get excited again about playing with anybody else. [quote]
This was what I was thinking Rick. It's kind of a bummer b/c he was such a talent I wish I can hear some more stuff by him but I can understand why he didn't get into anything else.

BTW, that Mitchell website is pretty good, I will check it out more when I have the time.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users