What's new

Why didn't Mitch Mitchell start a new band? (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Thinking of the Noel Redding's death and him starting his own band 'Fat Matress' after he left tJHE made me wonder why Mitch Mitchell never really was a part of anything great or at least good when Jimi died.

The guy is one of the most underrated drummers ever and was truly a great talent and you would think he would of been in a band that made a few records. I read a little about his post JHE days but nothing really huge, he was however part of 'The Dirty Mac' a band made up of John Lennon, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, and Mitchell himself(that's an unreal lineup) but I don't think they made any albums.

Does anyone know why MM never went on to other projects? Just curious.

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
Actually, Mitch Mitchell did play in another band after Hendrix, but I'm darned if I can remember the name!

Edit: The band was "Ramatam" that featured an exceptionally beautiful female lead guitarist, April Lawton back in the 70's. He has also played drums on a suprisingly long list of projects in the 70's, 80's and 90's, including some recordings and gigs with Billy Cox! Go here for some more info:

http://listen.to/mitchell

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
Back to your question, Jeremiah, as to why Mitch didn't get back into a major band after Jimi died, I feel that he just didn't have his heart in it any more. I believe that he idolized Jimi, and after playing with him so much live and in the studio he just couldn't get excited again about playing with anybody else.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Sorry I haven't responded, just got caught up in my own thing and forgot I had a post in this forum. Thanks for the responses.

I feel that he just didn't have his heart in it any more. I believe that he idolized Jimi, and after playing with him so much live and in the studio he just couldn't get excited again about playing with anybody else.
This was what I was thinking Rick. It's kind of a bummer b/c he was such a talent I wish I can hear some more stuff by him but I can understand why he didn't get into anything else.

BTW, that Mitchell website is pretty good, I will check it out more when I have the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks