What's new

I think I may have taken a 'WRONG TURN' somewhere. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What do you guy's and gal's think of this new thriller Wrong Turn? It looks very suspicous to me, I mean from the trailer I can spot at least 2 scenes that will turn out to be false scares in the film, meaning that someone will get grabbed on the shoulder and turn around to discover it was one of their friends or something.

It looks somewhat routine to me.

I'll give it a shot, but i'm not expecting that much, maybe i'll be surprised.

At least Eliza Dushku's in it scantly clad. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm still trying to figure out if it's a psycho hillbilly deal or some sort of creature feature? The trailers make it seem like the former, but I read somewhere "creature effects by Stan Winston" so that makes me think the latter.

I doubt we'll see her in a costume drama with full hoop skirt and corset anytime soon. ;)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Sisto is in May. :D

What's semi-noteworthy about Wrong Turn is that the MPAA 'red-banded' the theatrical trailer, which means there won't be a whole lot of pre-release buzz on it.

I've read some absolutely savage things about the movie (savage as in "it's awful"), but oh well. Bad buzz has never prevented me from seeing (and often enjoying) the cheeseball horror flicks - so despite some early red flags I am looking forward to this one.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Is May any good, Scott? I have a screener, but haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet. Either way, I'm also glad to see Sisto.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
mmmm, Eliza, mmmm...

Hope we Eliza fans can find out if this is "worth" seeing. :b

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
No kidding. Eliza tops my current hotty list by a sizeable margin. She's hot when she's not even trying, or she hides the effort well.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Apparently, this wrong turn leads to Eliza! :D

However I am a lot more hopeful since learning Stan Winston has a hand in it. Whatever it is he created for this film, i'm sure the creature will rock.

But again, if not, 90 min of Eliza!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Trailer is better than the ones on TV - makes it look less like Scream or I Know What You Did...and more like a real thriller/horror movie that has a good amount of action.

But the real question is: where can I get the rest of that pic of Eliza from that page???
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
No doubt Wrong Turn may be awful, but the premise sounds very cool! The film's website alluded to an attempt to hearken back to the 70's horror genre. However, the moment you make the antagonist(s) some kind of supernatural entity, all terror just ceases. What made Deliverance so scary was the brutal, unflinching realism (and 'the scene'.. you know the one)... something I know 'wrong turn' would never have the balls to do.

~j

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
There's a surprsingly enthusiastic and highly positive review up at CHUD's Creature Corner that's piqued my interest a little bit.

Prior to this review, I'd heard mostly uncomplimentary things about the flick. This is a nice switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks