What's new

New remastered "Synchronicity" sonics better than the Mobile Fidelity version? (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
While at Media Play the other day, I noticed that there's a newly remastered version of The Police's "Synchronicity." I really like this CD, but have always felt that the sonics/ecording was somewhat muddy (on previous versions). The best I've heard it sound is on the Mobile Fidelity release, so I was wondering if anybody would be able to compare the sonics on new one to the MoFi version.

IMO compared to the MoFi, the top end sounded distorted & muddy on the SACD while the rest the sonics sound somewhat more natural. Both the Synchronicity & Ghost In The Machine SACD's has a digital feel for it (IMO). It does sound better (clearer/cleaner in multi mix - EBYT). If I had to choose, I would take the MoFi. If I had to choose between the Mofi of Synchronicity & the SACD of EBYT (for the sonics) I would take the greatest hits package.
Hope this helps.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
I compared the SACD layer to the MFSL (previously the best version BY FAR), and I think the new version totally blows away the MFSL (I didn't check out the CD layer--I have the UK dual-layer version). This is the first version where I don't skip Mother, because even THAT sounds so damned good.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks