Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New remastered "Synchronicity" sonics better than the Mobile Fidelity version?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 05:00 AM

While at Media Play the other day, I noticed that there's a newly remastered version of The Police's "Synchronicity." I really like this CD, but have always felt that the sonics/ecording was somewhat muddy (on previous versions). The best I've heard it sound is on the Mobile Fidelity release, so I was wondering if anybody would be able to compare the sonics on new one to the MoFi version.
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Anthony Monaco

Anthony Monaco

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 10:23 AM

IMO compared to the MoFi, the top end sounded distorted & muddy on the SACD while the rest the sonics sound somewhat more natural. Both the Synchronicity & Ghost In The Machine SACD's has a digital feel for it (IMO). It does sound better (clearer/cleaner in multi mix - EBYT). If I had to choose, I would take the MoFi. If I had to choose between the Mofi of Synchronicity & the SACD of EBYT (for the sonics) I would take the greatest hits package. Hope this helps.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 10:37 AM

Anthony, Cool...thanks for the opinion!
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Larry Geller

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor

• 562 posts

Posted May 23 2003 - 04:35 AM

I compared the SACD layer to the MFSL (previously the best version BY FAR), and I think the new version totally blows away the MFSL (I didn't check out the CD layer--I have the UK dual-layer version). This is the first version where I don't skip Mother, because even THAT sounds so damned good.Posted Image
Mmmm, snout!-Homer Simpson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users