What's new

Advanced Anime Discussion Part IV (1 Viewer)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
AHHH!!! *Jumps ship*

Thanks for making me have to swim back to shore, Rob. ;)

Anyways, as I said, Oh, Witch Hunter Robin is coming on October 21st! And there will be a limited edition of it, ala .Hack//Sign and Please Teacher.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
It's gonna be in Bandai's Platinum Series too (AKA .hack//SUCK and s-CRY-ed).

MSRP is $59.99... so it's not for the faint of heart. I am sure they will AT THE VERY LEAST include the imported soundtrack (ALA: .hack and Onegai Teacher) and a really nice box. I am hoping for a Robin T-shirt myself ;)

I'd preorder, but I don't know what my address for my fall 2003 dorm room yet ;)
---------
FYE.com has 10% off this weekend with code 'MEMORIALDAY10'... some have had bad dealings w/ them, but I have ordered about 20 things from them (damn that 20% off sale ;) ) and I have been nothing but happy. Free shipping for orders over $49 is also REALLY NICE shipping (they use Priority or FedEx 2-day)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Hey Ted! ;)

Rob, you are damn right when you say it is not for the faint of heart! That's why I am not getting it! :D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Rob, you are damn right when you say it is not for the faint of heart! That's why I am not getting it!
There's also the regular edition for $29.99 MSRP... but who wants that?! :D

I just finished Volume 8 of GTO and Volume 1 of Please Teacher.

I was really impressed by the box of Please Teacher... CMON! It's a 'Pochy' box, get it? It would have been the best box ever made had they made it a flip-top ala Cowboy Bebop LE or Escaflowne LE (then it would be just like a Pocky box ;) )

GTO has become, probably my favorite series of all time. It's a tossup between this and BeBop (I can't decide, damnit). It's just an amazingly funny long series... I recommend it to everyone who wants a comedy that you can pop in at any time. Hopefully Tokyopop will aquire some of the live-action drama/movies (as they have expressed interest in the past in doing).

Now I just need to convince Paul Champagne to design a metal box for me (along with an 11-disc box for R2 *Kong*) ;)

And one more thing Lupin III: Volume 4 has been announced for 10/14 (3 comes out in July). Sorry, but for such a long series as Lupin III 2nd SERIES (150+ episodes), they need to get their butt in motion. Three months between releases just isn't gonna cut it (at that rate, it's gonna take something like 4-5 more years to get all of Lupin).

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
GTO has become, probably my favorite series of all time. It's a tossup between this and BeBop (I can't decide, damnit). It's just an amazingly funny long series... I recommend it to everyone who wants a comedy that you can pop in at any time.
Ok, I really need to check this series out. Too bad that I have way too much to buy at this point, and no money to buy it. :D

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
Likely some of the delay for Lupin is re-vetting things that are being changed/removed in terms of logos and other copyrights that they can't actively violate. At least we're still getting five episodes a disc.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Tony... I fully expect Tokyopop to bundle GTO into a boxset sometime next year ALA Vampire Princess Miyu.

I got through disc 8 of GTO through the FYE sale for something stupid... like $13 per disc shipped. :D

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
I am here. I am here. Praise the 4th incarnation of the Matrix...

Oh wait, this is the anime thread...

;P

Rob: Thanks for the 11 disc R2 GTO metal box mention to Paul. Please ask if he can do it and if so, I'll give him my $35 for it.

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Rightstuf does it again!

Just spent about $230 on animeigo stuff ar www.rightstuf.com. Ordered Macross sets 1-3, Baoh, Crusher Joe, and Otaku no Video... You can use this code until the 2nd of June.... Below is the news taken without permission from Chris Beveridge's fine website...

Right Stuf does AnimEigo studio sale (12:40 PM EST): Every time I think they've come up with all the sale ideas possible, they find new ways to drain the wallets of fans:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Right Stuf Speicals are posted! Let the forum readers rejoice!
Some great savings this week, including a few box sets at 50% off!

I'm thinking lots of people haven't checked out Assemble Insert. Created by Masami Yuuki, creator of "Patlabor", this is an amusing little 2-part treat. Only $9.99 this week! Try it out!

Check out the Super Slayers Sale - with Slayers, Slayers Next, and Slayers Try DVD box sets at 50% off! Almost 2000 minutes of prime Lina Inverse viewing!

You can also get 50% off on the Record of Lodoss War TV Series!

What? You say, Shawne, that's just not enough? How about the whole Gasaraki series for just $55!! 8 discs for $55 -- less than $7 per disc!

You still want even more? We're down to a small number of Animetrax bargain packs so I'm blowing out what's left for a low low price! Remember, these CDs are fine, just likely have a cracked jewelcase or price tags or something on them.

Are you an artbox lover? Well, by customer request, we've made it easy to find these! Now, see our new Artbox and Limited Edition sections! This week, you can get great deals on several of the popular disc 1 + box combo packs, such as Gamera, Noir, RahXephon, and Saiyuki! Speaking of artboxes, please note that we are down to the very last of them for the original Paul Champagne Evangelion and Gasaraki boxes. Less than 50 left between the 2. So, if you've been waiting, this really is something you should pick up before your only option is e-bay. You can, of course, pick up an Escaflowne box. That would be good.

Super sale this week!

Description: Amazing AnimEigo Sale!
Coupon Code: amazing
Expiration Date: June 2, 2003
Multiple uses allowed per customer for this coupon.

33% off retail on all Animeigo DVD titles. GotAnime will stack.

With Got Anime discount, you'll receive 39.7% off!! So, I'm going to call this "almost 40% off!" A super price on AnimEigo products you won't find anywhere else! Get your fix of You're Under Arrest, Oh My Goddess!, and more!

Another savings coupon:

Description: $10 off your $120 order
Coupon Code: newsletter4103
Expiration Date: May 29, 2003
Multiple uses allowed per customer for this coupon.

Standard restrictions for all coupons unless otherwise noted (see forum thread)

Our offices will be closed Monday, May 26 in observance of the Memorial Day holiday! Our webstore, is, of course, always open, though! Please enjoy your long weekend, and if you do drink, do so responsibly and be safe!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Rob:

Rightstuf is just downright evil. ;)

I mean with me getting Princess Nine bundle for $60, I thought that couldn't be beat. I was wrong. These folks just go NUTS when they decide to get rid of inventory.

And I have not really ordered too often from them, but now they will probably be one of my major vendors besides Bob's Anime (www.animecornerstore.com - they have very good packing and good emails/feedback - for a price) and DeepDiscountDVD.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
RightStuf is all I use for anime... those guys are great. I wholeheartedly recommend their Got Anime program. Using that and free shipping over $100, you can regularly get discs for about $18 - $19 shipped. They have GREAT packaging plus they >usually< make sure you get them on or before street.

You should see what happens to me when they have a Pioneer/Bandai sale! :eek:

:D

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
*finally paddles over*

Rob, Tony:

I am in total agreement about GTO and Cowboy Bebop. I hope that TokyoPop gets the live action TV series. While I could order it from CDJapan, I think my wife would kill me. Having English subs would be good, too :).

John.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
While I could order it from CDJapan, I think my wife would kill me. Having English subs would be good, too
Won't she just kill you for spending so darn much on anime? ;) And yes, English subtitles are always useful.

John, I actually haven't seen GTO. I want to see it.

Talal

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a big-time, hardcore-from-the-old-school-days
anime geek question...

I used to live in an Arab country a while ago, and on TV, they'd show japanese anime, dubbed in arabic. Anyway, there was this one show abou soccer... it was abso-frickin-ly amazing. It was in the typical style of late 80s, early 90s anime tv shows, and I remember Pele showed up on a couple of episodes.
THere was a good team vs evil team kinda deal going on, and I remember the "evil" team had these amazing twins...

so, the question is... does anyone know what this was called in japanese/english? I'd love to be abel to buy this series.

I hope I didn't stump everyone...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks