• Please log in to reply
999 replies to this topic

#1 of 1000 Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 02:30 AM

Welcome to the fourth incarnation of Advanced Anime Discussion!

Please continue the discussion here...

New to anime and wondering where to start? Visit our sister thread... Novice Anime Discussion Part I

#2 of 1000 Tony-B

Tony-B

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 03:17 AM

AHHH!!! *Jumps ship*

Thanks for making me have to swim back to shore, Rob. Posted Image

Anyways, as I said, Oh, Witch Hunter Robin is coming on October 21st! And there will be a limited edition of it, ala .Hack//Sign and Please Teacher.
DVD Collection/Video Game Collection/Music Collection
"The Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you." -GLaDOS

#3 of 1000 Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 03:24 AM

It's gonna be in Bandai's Platinum Series too (AKA .hack//SUCK and s-CRY-ed).

MSRP is $59.99... so it's not for the faint of heart. I am sure they will AT THE VERY LEAST include the imported soundtrack (ALA: .hack and Onegai Teacher) and a really nice box. I am hoping for a Robin T-shirt myself Posted Image

I'd preorder, but I don't know what my address for my fall 2003 dorm room yet Posted Image
---------
FYE.com has 10% off this weekend with code 'MEMORIALDAY10'... some have had bad dealings w/ them, but I have ordered about 20 things from them (damn that 20% off sale Posted Image ) and I have been nothing but happy. Free shipping for orders over $49 is also REALLY NICE shipping (they use Priority or FedEx 2-day)

#4 of 1000 Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 8,398 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 04:07 AM

swims over.....

"hey guys!" Posted Image

#5 of 1000 Tony-B

Tony-B

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 05:13 AM

Hey Ted! Posted Image

Rob, you are damn right when you say it is not for the faint of heart! That's why I am not getting it! Posted Image

#6 of 1000 Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 05:16 AM

Quote:
Rob, you are damn right when you say it is not for the faint of heart! That's why I am not getting it!
There's also the regular edition for $29.99 MSRP... but who wants that?! Posted Image

I just finished Volume 8 of GTO and Volume 1 of Please Teacher.

I was really impressed by the box of Please Teacher... CMON! It's a 'Pochy' box, get it? It would have been the best box ever made had they made it a flip-top ala Cowboy Bebop LE or Escaflowne LE (then it would be just like a Pocky box Posted Image )

GTO has become, probably my favorite series of all time. It's a tossup between this and BeBop (I can't decide, damnit). It's just an amazingly funny long series... I recommend it to everyone who wants a comedy that you can pop in at any time. Hopefully Tokyopop will aquire some of the live-action drama/movies (as they have expressed interest in the past in doing).

Now I just need to convince Paul Champagne to design a metal box for me (along with an 11-disc box for R2 *Kong*) Posted Image

And one more thing Lupin III: Volume 4 has been announced for 10/14 (3 comes out in July). Sorry, but for such a long series as Lupin III 2nd SERIES (150+ episodes), they need to get their butt in motion. Three months between releases just isn't gonna cut it (at that rate, it's gonna take something like 4-5 more years to get all of Lupin).

#7 of 1000 Tony-B

Tony-B

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 05:22 AM

Quote:
There's also the regular edition for $29.99 MSRP... but who wants that?!
MMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!! Posted Image

Quote:
GTO has become, probably my favorite series of all time. It's a tossup between this and BeBop (I can't decide, damnit). It's just an amazingly funny long series... I recommend it to everyone who wants a comedy that you can pop in at any time.
Ok, I really need to check this series out. Too bad that I have way too much to buy at this point, and no money to buy it. Posted Image

#8 of 1000 Chris Beveridge

Chris Beveridge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 05:23 AM

Likely some of the delay for Lupin is re-vetting things that are being changed/removed in terms of logos and other copyrights that they can't actively violate. At least we're still getting five episodes a disc.

#9 of 1000 Tony-B

Tony-B

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 06:22 AM

Quote:
At least we're still getting five episodes a disc.
There should be more!

#10 of 1000 Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 07:17 AM

Tony... I fully expect Tokyopop to bundle GTO into a boxset sometime next year ALA Vampire Princess Miyu.

I got through disc 8 of GTO through the FYE sale for something stupid... like $13 per disc shipped. Posted Image

#11 of 1000 Kong Chang

Kong Chang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 07:27 AM

I am here. I am here. Praise the 4th incarnation of the Matrix...

Oh wait, this is the anime thread...

;P

Rob: Thanks for the 11 disc R2 GTO metal box mention to Paul. Please ask if he can do it and if so, I'll give him my $35 for it.
Format Neutral Advocater
Samsung BD-P1200
Toshiba HD-XA2

#12 of 1000 Woo Jae

Woo Jae

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 09:50 AM

Rightstuf does it again!

Just spent about $230 on animeigo stuff ar www.rightstuf.com. Ordered Macross sets 1-3, Baoh, Crusher Joe, and Otaku no Video... You can use this code until the 2nd of June.... Below is the news taken without permission from Chris Beveridge's fine website...

Right Stuf does AnimEigo studio sale (12:40 PM EST): Every time I think they've come up with all the sale ideas possible, they find new ways to drain the wallets of fans:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Right Stuf Speicals are posted! Let the forum readers rejoice!
Some great savings this week, including a few box sets at 50% off!

I'm thinking lots of people haven't checked out Assemble Insert. Created by Masami Yuuki, creator of "Patlabor", this is an amusing little 2-part treat. Only $9.99 this week! Try it out!

Check out the Super Slayers Sale - with Slayers, Slayers Next, and Slayers Try DVD box sets at 50% off! Almost 2000 minutes of prime Lina Inverse viewing!

You can also get 50% off on the Record of Lodoss War TV Series!

What? You say, Shawne, that's just not enough? How about the whole Gasaraki series for just $55!! 8 discs for $55 -- less than $7 per disc!

You still want even more? We're down to a small number of Animetrax bargain packs so I'm blowing out what's left for a low low price! Remember, these CDs are fine, just likely have a cracked jewelcase or price tags or something on them.

Are you an artbox lover? Well, by customer request, we've made it easy to find these! Now, see our new Artbox and Limited Edition sections! This week, you can get great deals on several of the popular disc 1 + box combo packs, such as Gamera, Noir, RahXephon, and Saiyuki! Speaking of artboxes, please note that we are down to the very last of them for the original Paul Champagne Evangelion and Gasaraki boxes. Less than 50 left between the 2. So, if you've been waiting, this really is something you should pick up before your only option is e-bay. You can, of course, pick up an Escaflowne box. That would be good.

Super sale this week!

Description: Amazing AnimEigo Sale!
Coupon Code: amazing
Expiration Date: June 2, 2003
Multiple uses allowed per customer for this coupon.

33% off retail on all Animeigo DVD titles. GotAnime will stack.

With Got Anime discount, you'll receive 39.7% off!! So, I'm going to call this "almost 40% off!" A super price on AnimEigo products you won't find anywhere else! Get your fix of You're Under Arrest, Oh My Goddess!, and more!

Another savings coupon:

Description: $10 off your $120 order
Coupon Code: newsletter4103
Expiration Date: May 29, 2003
Multiple uses allowed per customer for this coupon.

Standard restrictions for all coupons unless otherwise noted (see forum thread)

Our offices will be closed Monday, May 26 in observance of the Memorial Day holiday! Our webstore, is, of course, always open, though! Please enjoy your long weekend, and if you do drink, do so responsibly and be safe!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Me? Master Ramen Chef? Nahhhh....."
I am Korean/Therefore I rule~

Anime: 628 DVDs Total: 1168 DVDs
Boxed sets,if collected as such, count only ONCEhttp://www.intervoca...on.aspx/WoosterManga: total count 401 volumes Series Completed: 21 Collecting: 32

#13 of 1000 Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 09:51 AM

Don't they just suck? Posted Image

I am thinking of getting the first You're Under Arrest box myself.

#14 of 1000 Woo Jae

Woo Jae

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 09:58 AM

Rob:

Rightstuf is just downright evil. Posted Image

I mean with me getting Princess Nine bundle for $60, I thought that couldn't be beat. I was wrong. These folks just go NUTS when they decide to get rid of inventory.

And I have not really ordered too often from them, but now they will probably be one of my major vendors besides Bob's Anime (www.animecornerstore.com - they have very good packing and good emails/feedback - for a price) and DeepDiscountDVD.
"Me? Master Ramen Chef? Nahhhh....."
I am Korean/Therefore I rule~

Anime: 628 DVDs Total: 1168 DVDs
Boxed sets,if collected as such, count only ONCEhttp://www.intervoca...on.aspx/WoosterManga: total count 401 volumes Series Completed: 21 Collecting: 32

#15 of 1000 Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 10:16 AM

RightStuf is all I use for anime... those guys are great. I wholeheartedly recommend their Got Anime program. Using that and free shipping over $100, you can regularly get discs for about $18 - $19 shipped. They have GREAT packaging plus they >usually< make sure you get them on or before street.

You should see what happens to me when they have a Pioneer/Bandai sale! Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 of 1000 Kong Chang

Kong Chang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 10:52 AM

Hahahahaha, why wait when you can pay more and get to watch it before anyone else? ;P
Format Neutral Advocater
Samsung BD-P1200
Toshiba HD-XA2

#17 of 1000 JohnAD

JohnAD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 10:57 AM

*finally paddles over*

Rob, Tony:

I am in total agreement about GTO and Cowboy Bebop. I hope that TokyoPop gets the live action TV series. While I could order it from CDJapan, I think my wife would kill me. Having English subs would be good, too Posted Image.

John.
Most Recent Purchases: The Call of Cthulhu, Count Dracula, The Gravedancers, The Legend of Hell House, Prom Night, Starship Troopers, 28 Weeks Later, Unrest

Currently Collecting: Inu Yasha, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

Total DVDs: 1436 Anime DVDs: 776 R2 DVDs: 41 R3 DVDs: 6

#18 of 1000 Tony-B

Tony-B

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 12:38 PM

Quote:
While I could order it from CDJapan, I think my wife would kill me. Having English subs would be good, too
Won't she just kill you for spending so darn much on anime? Posted Image And yes, English subtitles are always useful.

John, I actually haven't seen GTO. I want to see it.

#19 of 1000 Talal

Talal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 12:59 PM

I've got a big-time, hardcore-from-the-old-school-days
anime geek question...

I used to live in an Arab country a while ago, and on TV, they'd show japanese anime, dubbed in arabic. Anyway, there was this one show abou soccer... it was abso-frickin-ly amazing. It was in the typical style of late 80s, early 90s anime tv shows, and I remember Pele showed up on a couple of episodes.
THere was a good team vs evil team kinda deal going on, and I remember the "evil" team had these amazing twins...

so, the question is... does anyone know what this was called in japanese/english? I'd love to be abel to buy this series.

I hope I didn't stump everyone...

#20 of 1000 Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 01:17 PM

Wild WILD guess... Posted Image

Free Kick To Tomorrow????

Not released here like most sports animes though...

Back to DVD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow