Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Need help with DVD/Digital Cable/Receiver connections

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Pat_DiLella

• 21 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 01:40 AM

Looking for some help with connections from my dvd player and cable box to my receiver Here is what I have Receiver: Pioneer VSX-D711 ( bought used on Ebay about 2 months ago). Has 2 digital coax inputs and 1 optical input DVD: Apex 1200 3 disc changer with 1 digital coax and 1 optical output Cable Box: Digital Cable with 1 coax output JVC 56” RPTV Right now I have it connected as follows Digital cable box to receiver via coax cable, regular audio outputs patch cords to the tv DVD to receiver via optical cable I am having problems getting the sound from the DVD player. I programmed the receiver to reflect the DVD sound coming in via the optical input and changed the sound settings on the DVD player to SPF/RAW like it says to do in the instruction manual. If I play a CD in the DVD player the sound cuts in and out and if I put in a DVD I get no sound at all. The receiver switches in and out of digial mode when this is happening What could be causing this to happen? Could it be a bad optical cord or something? Also do I have to connect the red/white audio patch cords to the receiver also or is the optical or digital coax connection all I need to get sound from the dvd? The other problem I am having is when I put on the music channels on the digital cable I can get the sound through my receiver fine. However if I change the channel to a non music channel on the cable box I get no sound at all through the reciever. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users