-

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers season 3 dvd!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 of 28 Louis_P

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 01:03 PM

In the new Previews catalog that's coming out next week has the 3rd season of Transfomers in it.It should be out sometime in August/September.

TRANSFORMERS SEASON 3 BOX SET PART ONE DVD SRP: $49.

#2 of 28 Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 02:39 PM

I hope Rhino doesn't add in extra sound effects that aren't supposed to be there, like they did with the boxed sets for seasons 1 and 2.

#3 of 28 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 02:43 PM

What makes you think they would change now, Jeff? Posted Image

Thanks for the info, Louis!
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#4 of 28 Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 04:07 PM

Thanks Louis, can't wait to have "The Five Faces of Darkness" on DVD!

#5 of 28 FredK

FredK

Second Unit

• 466 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for the news... so this is it for the G1 crowd! Maybe they'll drop Rebirth in there, but if they don't no problem just get the already released version.

#6 of 28 Louis_P

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 05:18 PM

This set is part 1 of season 3 so we still have 1 more to go.Posted Image

#7 of 28 Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 12:51 AM

I'm hoping Rebirth gets dropped in with Part 2. Even though it's out already, I'd rather have it a part of the set.

#8 of 28 Todd K

Todd K

Second Unit

• 479 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 01:47 AM

$49? I don't like the sound of this bang-for-your-buck ratio.

I guess it's comparable to the first season box set with 16 episodes, but the season two sets had 25/24 episodes a piece.

If they end up with five boxes in total for the entire series of three seasons, that's a lot of shelf space.

Also, a question, as I only have season 1 so far: On that set, because of the masters they used, there were a lot of animation mistakes that were corrected when they aired on TV. Did this problem come up again in either of the season two sets? Season three had so many mistakes anyways, if more turned up it would probably drive me over the edge.

#9 of 28 Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 03:28 AM

What makes you think they would change now, Jeff?

Honestly, I don't think they will change. According to a guy called Zobovor on a TF newsgroup (who is listed in the DVD credits of Season 2 part 2): "The Rhino tech guys said that they'll restrict the new sound effects to the 5.1
tracks from now on."

That was written when Dec 12, 2002. Since then, season 2 part 2 has come out and ALL of the audio tracks (including 2.0) have extra sound effects.

As for why the extra sound effects were added in the first place:
Adding new surround sound elements enables them to slap the Dolby label on the DVD packaging, which ultimately makes the product more marketable.

Also, a question, as I only have season 1 so far: On that set, because of the masters they used, there were a lot of animation mistakes that were corrected when they aired on TV. Did this problem come up again in either of the season two sets? Season three had so many mistakes anyways, if more turned up it would probably drive me over the edge.

That improved at least. There are not too many animation mistakes (that weren't originally there) in the season 2 sets. I didn't actually notice any myself, but I just read this in a thread on alt.toys.transformers:
...Rhino got rid of the camera movements used to simulate an
earthquake effect for about three minutes' worth of footage [in the episode "The Core"].

Also, two of the episode titles were changed. In "The Master Builders", they left the "s" off of the end (so now it says "The Master Builder". They also fixed a typo. When "A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court" aired, "Decepticon" was misspelled as "Deceptacon". It is spelled correctly on the DVD.

Here are two threads I found discussing the sound issue (where I quoted from):
Sound issue thread 1
Sound issue thread 2

#10 of 28 Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,522 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 05:32 AM

Great news! Does anyone know where I can find an episode listing for Season 3?

Chris S.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#11 of 28 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 05:35 AM

Try TVTome.com
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#12 of 28 Dave Molinarolo

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 05:47 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know where I can find an episode listing for Season 3?

Try here for ALL of your Transformer episode inquiries.

#13 of 28 Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 08:14 AM

One more to add to the list:

epguides.com

#14 of 28 LisaDoris

LisaDoris

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 08:30 AM

Has anyone seen S3 available for preorder anywhere? Titles coming out in November are up for preorder already and if Rhino's aiming for Aug/Sept I figured it would be listed by now.

#15 of 28 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 12:51 PM

Hey, at least Beast Wars Season 1 box set is finally announced! August 12th, by-the-way.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#16 of 28 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,144 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted July 03 2003 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
I'm hoping Rebirth gets dropped in with Part 2. Even though it's out already, I'd rather have it a part of the set.

That's the plan.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#17 of 28 DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 03:42 PM

I hope Artisan is looking at the success of this franchise and follows suit for Ninja Turtles: TOAS(The Original Aniamted Series). Mostly, uncut, Season by Season episodes, with 1989 in 2 parts. Transformer fans are lucky, too bad that was one 80's show I never got into.

#18 of 28 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted July 04 2003 - 02:51 AM

Quote:

That's the plan.

Be careful. There's no guarantee of that.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#19 of 28 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,144 posts

Posted July 04 2003 - 02:50 AM

nvmd

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#20 of 28 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,144 posts

Posted July 04 2003 - 02:51 AM

I thought that was confirmed by Rhino? Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow