-

Photo

Anybody in Canada get the "Sunrise" disc recently?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 of 29 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,362 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted May 21 2003 - 11:54 AM

Been waiting a while, usually Fox is fast at this stuff. I mean, it's pretty black and white (Posted Image) if you qualify, so unless there's a shortage of them... I guess I'm just a bit impatient, you know, a famous movie I've never seen and all...

#2 of 29 OFFLINE   Darko

Darko

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 03:52 PM

How long have you been waiting?

I sent mine in on March 8, they cashed my cheque on April 2, and I'm still waiting for itPosted Image
Regards
Darko

If peanut butter cookies are made from peanut butter, what are Girl Scout cookies made from?

#3 of 29 OFFLINE   Henry V

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 04:29 PM

They cashed my cheque too and I've been waiting for mine to show up in Ontario as well. I was beginning to wonder if the mailman was a silent movie fan...Posted Image

#4 of 29 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,362 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 06:02 AM

Thanks guys, at least I'm not the only one waiting. I sure haven't been waiting even close to as long as Darko, only a few weeks. Other times I've sent in to this fulfiller I've got stuff back in less than a week.

#5 of 29 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,928 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted May 22 2003 - 06:11 AM

They just cashed my cheque last week, so I guess based on the above I can stop holding my breath.

Because we're in Canada, there is probably a delay while they print bilingual packaging.

#6 of 29 OFFLINE   Jean Paul Villeneuve

Jean Paul Villeneuve

Second Unit

• 259 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 06:48 AM

No bilingual packaging for Sunrise. Posted Image

Still waiting, over 2 months now. Posted Image
Master Trader at HOME THEATER FORUM
Gold Trader at DVD TALK

#7 of 29 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,362 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
No bilingual packaging for Sunrise.

Yeah, none of the others in the series so far do, and since it isn't sold in stores anyway...not that I mind if it does. I guess I should have asked if anyone in the U.S. too got Sunrise recently...maybe the demand has been more than expected? Like Russell, I'll stop anticipating the mail every day...

#8 of 29 OFFLINE   Darko

Darko

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted May 22 2003 - 12:52 PM

Craig, there was another thread here a while ago, and if I recall, some of the US residents were getting their copies in as little as 5 weeks. Me, on the other hand, have been waiting almost 10 weeks, and am getting antsy. After all, it cost me enoughPosted Image Posted Image
Regards
Darko

If peanut butter cookies are made from peanut butter, what are Girl Scout cookies made from?

#9 of 29 OFFLINE   Darko

Darko

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 06:27 AM

Still no discPosted Image Anyone get theirs yet?
Regards
Darko

#10 of 29 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,928 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted June 04 2003 - 06:34 AM

Nope. I can't wait for this one either! Is there any contact information for Fox Canada where we can find out if they have gone out? I doubt it's possible for individual receipts, but maybe thay can tell us if it's been delayed.

#11 of 29 OFFLINE   Rain

Rain

Producer

• 5,020 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 06:37 AM

Mine just arrived today.

My cheque was cashed some time around April 4.

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

#12 of 29 OFFLINE   Brian PB

Brian PB

Supporting Actor

• 671 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 06:54 AM

For those who haven't received their Sunrise DVD within 8 weeks of sending off the materials, you can check the status with Fox Customer Service:

USA: 1-800-488-4369

Canada: 1-866-339-1695

#13 of 29 OFFLINE   Darko

Darko

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 08:15 AM

Thanks Brian.
I just called the number, and was told that my order is there, but hasn't shipped yet, as they just received more discs. Hopefully soon.
Rain, good thing you live on the other side of the country, otherwise I might have to come over and watch yoursPosted Image
Regards
Darko

#14 of 29 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,362 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 06:21 PM

Good to hear they got more discs. Seems I only mailed the stuff 5 weeks ago...I thought it was longer ago than that, I must be near the bottom of the list!

#15 of 29 OFFLINE   Darko

Darko

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted July 01 2003 - 11:21 PM

Here's the latest news;

I called Fox Canada, and they told me they're waiting for more stock from Fox USA. They told me that demand has been overwhelming, and that they've told Fox that they need way more units, but have no idea as to when they're going to get them. Alas, I'm still one of the ones waitingPosted Image . It's only been 4 months, and countingPosted Image Posted Image
Regards
Darko

#16 of 29 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,362 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 05:25 AM

Hmmm, I guess some posts here got lost with the database problem...

I forget exactly what I posted, but there were two main things. They take 20 days to clear your check, and they only mail out the discs once a month. I was hoping, since I barely missed the June mailing (by the time the check cleared...do people really send bad checks for $2.50?), that I'd be all ready for the July mailing, but if they're out of discs now... Like, if they only mail discs once a month, I called after the June mailing, so they should have known then they had no discs left. Oh well.

#17 of 29 OFFLINE   ChristianB

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator

• 241 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 05:41 AM

Quote:
No bilingual packaging for Sunrise.

Fox produces both English AND bilingual packaging for DVDs in Canada. We're given a choice Posted Image

Remember the golden rule, no French audio, then no studio produces bilingual packaging.

#18 of 29 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,928 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted July 02 2003 - 07:34 AM

I just talked with customer service and they told me that they are still have 4 orders to ship from the end of March, so if you just sent in your going to have a wait on your hands. They have no idea when or how much stock will come, as the Americans are getting dibs.

Mine still hasn't shipped, but at least mine has been verified for the next shipmentPosted Image

#19 of 29 OFFLINE   Ian Currie

Ian Currie

Stunt Coordinator

• 65 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 08:23 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but just what is this "Sunrise" disc?
Ian Currie

#20 of 29 OFFLINE   Brian PB

Brian PB

Supporting Actor

• 671 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 09:05 AM

Sunrise is a coveted 1927 silent film by F.W. Murnau, which routinely appears on lists of the greatest films of all time. Fox has chosen to make this available only through a special mail-in offer (you must first buy three titles in their Studio Classics line; the mail-in form is included with those titles) open to those in North America (excluding Quebec).

You can find further info in threads here and here.

Forum Nav Content I Follow