What's new

New Music Video Staion on Cable?? (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Hi all..

Has anybody else stumbled across this show, I think it is called "the fuse"???? It rocks. It is nothing buy music videos in hour or so long blocks of music videos and nothing but...so far.

Nice welcome releif from MTV, MTV2 and VH-1. If they could only play more music video's and less of the other crap. I say dump all of there stuff and play video's all day long like back in the old days.....ok end rant.

If you can try and find this channel...it is very nice!

R~

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
It's funny how MTV2 was created specifically to show videos like MTV did back when. I regularly BEGGED my cable company to carry it when it launched. So, I got a dish.

Since radio is so bad in my area, I used to just leave MTV2 on while I did my daily routine. At least I was caught up on current music/video trends.

Now, I guess I'm going to have to look forward to MTV3. :rolleyes:

I can't believe MTV gets any kind of worthwhile ratings for 48 hours per day of garbage. (72 counting VH-1)

I easily watch twice as much VH-1 Classic now as I do MTV, MTV2, & VH-1 COMBINED. Unfortunately, as for current trends, I am clueless... :wink:

C

Terry St

Second Unit
Its the replacement for Much Music USA, they changed their name recently.
Muchmusic started out as Canada's MTV equivalent, but they've always played a lot more music videos than MTV. Much has since expanded to a few different Canadian stations catering to different genres of music and has also sprouted internationally with stations popping up in several foreign countries. (Heck, I think there's a muchmusic station in Iceland!) I can certainly see why they'd change the name of the american branch. "The Fuse" is definately more subtle than "Muchmusic USA", which practically screamed "Look, we're foreigners!". (not a good thing in a market as myopic and rabidly patriotic as the U.S.)

Don Black

Screenwriter
Fuse is on a big marketing push. They bought ads on the billboards and telephones across from MTV's studios last week. Ironically, they bought the ads from Viacomm (MTV's parent). Their whole point is to mock MTV's lack of actual music.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
In canada we have EdgeTV, its like a friggin 23.5 hour music video station, video after video after video, rarely any stupid interview shows and whatnot. I never watch MTV-Canada, it NEVER has any music videos on (whenever I see it).

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I love the channel............I haven't watched MTV or MTV2 (except for all things rock and now my beloved HEAD BANGERS BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). But this new channel rocks. NO DAMN DRAMA SHOWS, NO GAME SHOWS, NO INTERVIEWS, NO MOVIES, Just good ole music video's. So Far....

I really dig it and so does the wife.........

R~

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I find myself watching a lot of VH-1 Mega Hits during commercials or when nothing else is on. Like Classic, it serves up nothing but music videos, only for the Adult Contemporary market (with a few oddities like the truly detestable Eminem thrown in).

My only beef is that when a video is red hot they show it multiple times per hour, every hour... 24 hours a day. I'm pretty sure I know all the words to Beautiful and Landslide now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks