What's new

Peter Gabriel UP !! tour (1 Viewer)

Recently realised a life ambition and saw Peter Gabriel live at Birmingham England front row. I was not disappointed the whole two hour plus show was perfection from start to finish. The old mixed with the new and Peter diplaying his quirky English excentricity through song and conversation that shines through his music and the way he lives his life. How interesting would he be to talk to. If you get a chance to see the show in Europe and the states do so you will not be disappointed. Any out there that have seen it tellme what you think.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I got tickets for his show in June, at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ. Can't wait, should be a great performance.

J

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Saw PG at Madison Square Garden this past year and he was fantastic!

I'll be seeing him again this Summer at Jones Beach NY.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I've got tix as well for the Woodlands (north Houston) in June. Can't wait - it's been a LONG time since "Secret World Live".

Michael_T

Second Unit
I saw the show this past November at the Continental Airlines Arena in NJ - and it was an excellent show.

I have tix for the PNC Bank Arts Center, 10 rows back from the stage, and I really look forward to seeing how he pulls off this leg of the tour without all the massive stage props.

Maybe he will keep the big "hamster" ball with him and roll out into the audience?:D

Trust me I would have paid a hundred dollars to see this show and not been disappointed. But hey what a deal, one dollar all the more reason to be happy on your part, how lucky are you.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Well I just saw the show last night at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ and it was an excellent performance. He played quite a few tracks from his new CD as well as his standards.

I got a kick out of Games Without Frontiers, which he sang while riding a Segway back and forth across the stage with his daughter. The last song before the encore was In Your Eyes sung with his band and the opening band (Sevara), with a cool world beat influence. For the encore he performed Come Talk to Me and closed with Father Son. The production was top notch throughout the entire show that lasted about 2 hours 30 minutes.

Overall it was a very nice night, especially since the rain stayed away for the evening despite overcast rainy weather all day long. I would recommend checking out Gabriel this summer in any of the larger venues out there to experience the full scale show in its full power.

J

Michael_T

Second Unit
I caught the show at the PNC Bank Arts Center on Friday night. WOW. Much better and more powerful than what I saw in November at the Meadowlands arena.

The re-vamped set-list that he is using now is more powerful and up-beat then the one he used in November.

My Dad went loved it 'till Peter started to preach (bush this war that)
He didn't play a song, title escapes me, that my dad said he could have fit in the time he set aside for the high horse ride.
Why don't these artists print a letter stating cause offer it on the door as you leave and be done?

other than that Me personaly couldn't care a less but I am not a grumpy old man like my Dad ........Games Without Frontiers! War without................millionaire pop stars taking money for music when there just giving opinions that goes for you too STING.... duh that wasn't me talking I swear It was me DAD.:b

Joe Casey

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, saw him at the PNC in Holmedel and the Tweeter in Camden. Much better than last years big production show: the band was tighter, accoustics were MUCH better (as they usually are in amphitheaters), better set list. I also felt that the PNC show was better than the Tweeter: even better accoustics, better crowd, better venue. Very nice!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Yes, fellow New Jersey Gabriel fans. I also saw last night's show at the Tweeter. Lots of fun. My main man, Tony Levin, was awesome as always with his Matrix coat and funk fingers. The lovely and talented jazz pianist Rachel Z was a nice surprise (I saw her play with Al DiMeola).

It was a bit jarring to hear Don't Give Up with someone other than Kate Bush, and she isn't that great of a singer, but it's OK since it's his daughter.

And, yeah, I dug the big ball thingy. :)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It was a bit jarring to hear Don't Give Up with someone other than Kate Bush, and she isn't that great of a singer, but it's OK since it's his daughter.
Melanie seemed fine on all the other vocals, but she sounded TERRIBLE during "Don't Give Up". I don't recall her sounding that bad when I saw Pete last November, so maybe it was just a bad night, but I felt quite surprised how feeble her voice seemed during that song...

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I'm looking forward to this Tuesday night's performance at Jones Beach NY.

Glad to see he still has the Giant Ball!:D

John Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
I was there at Camden and must echo all of the previous positive comments made, with one addition...

When Peter and band made their way through the aisles during 'Solsbury Hill' I was very, very, VERY glad that I had an aisle seat...

The moment Peter Gabriel's hand touched mine, the show's stature immediately jumped to "best @##$@^$ show I ever went to..." :D

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I saw him in Dallas, TX 6/11. Great show! I have wanted to see him live forever and glad that I finally got the chance. I looked at the authorized bootleg list and it starts only a few days after my show. Thats a real bummer because it would be great to have a recording from the soundboard of that show.

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator
Don't know that they would want the Dallas show going out with Melanie forgetting the words to Don't Give Up and the other (his words) F*** up at the beginning of another song. But I loved the show anyway. Only problem was the last song was hard to really pay attention to when the storm started blowing through. I may have to pick up one of the other bootlegs though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks