-Not Logged In-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

What would you have added to a movie scene?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Tommy Ceez

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit

• 436 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 02:22 AM

Wether because of editing or never being included theres some scenes in movies that just seem to be missing something. I understand that I'm Monday Morning Quarterbacking and Im complaining that I could have improved one line in a film that was thousands of lines long but its kinda fun anyway. One in particular...the 'show me your scars' scene in Jaws... when Quint and Hooper are comparing boating and sea related scars I always thought that it cried out for Brody to bust out a police work related scar...a shooting or stab wound. Mix it in with the other scars and it still wouldnt have pulled away from the USS Indinapolis speech. So what are your film scene 'improvements'? Its not heretical to pretend to be a script doctor for a day and please no 'The film sucked so everyone should have died' crap. Oh, and by the way...we all know that most movies would be better with a little nudity so lets skip that.
"We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what someone else did." - Thomas Sowell

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins

• 3,887 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 02:25 AM

A scene near the beginning of RELOADED showing Neo and company actually using Neo's power to free more minds from the Matrix. We hear about this in dialogue (in passing at that) but it would have been nice to see.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 03:19 AM

Someone mentioned this some time ago and I thougth it was absolutely brilliant: MINORITY REPORT SPOILER
One last sentence saying the crime was on the rise again in DC would have made Minority Report perfect.
I can't believe they missed that. -- Holadem

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Chad R

Chad R

• 2,179 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 03:36 AM

He pulls up his shirt and looks at his appendix scar which seems perfect to me. That scene was about Quint and Hooper bonding, Brody still needed to remain somewhat alienated from the sea, and its seamen.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   David Lawson

David Lawson

• 1,361 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 11:15 AM

Monica Bellucci. To every scene. Ever. Seriously, and I can't believe this is the only thing coming to mind at the moment, Predator 2 has a lot of explaining to do...
Have they been on Earth for the past 200 years? Really, what is the significance of the gun? And why do they feel the need to leave once one of them was killed?
A few additional minutes at the end really would have helped, but I can also empathize with those who feel it had already gone on too long at that point.
He obviously misinterpreted what it means to "be bullish."

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 01:27 PM

[quote] Monica Bellucci. To every scene. Ever. [quote] Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Harvey Weinstein needs to get fired somehow so that Malena can be released uncensored in Region 1.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   MatthewLouwrens

• 3,034 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 02:22 PM

[quote] [quote]

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 02:41 PM

During the slow-mo train station finale of De Palma's The Untouchables...I'd have added bullet-time.

Posted Image

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton

Lead Actor

• 7,588 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 06:03 PM

Actually Scott, what usually improves a De Palma film is a naked girl massaging herself (or others or being massaged). Maybe he should have worked that into the train station instead (still in slo-mo of course).

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users