Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Time to talk turkey about DVD players

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker

Second Unit

• 404 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 02:38 PM

Alright, all this buzz about the outgoing Panny DVD players with the Faroujda (sp?) chip has got my dander up. This past winter I dropped close to 5 bills on a Pioneer Elite DV45A, and now I see this Secrets of Home Theater shootout showing the DV45A in nearly last place for video quality, and all these Pannys at the top. To date, I have been happy with the video performance of the DV45A, and it plays DVD-A and SACD as well. But, I'm the type of person who likes to have the best rated stuff in his price range, as long it doesn't break the bank. Should I bite on this XP50 deal at buy.com? Does anyone out there have any experience in comparing the DV45A head-to-head with the Pannys (XP50, XP30, RP82)? I have an itchy trigger finger, so any feedback would be extremely appreciated.
DJ_JonnyV

#2 of 3 John_Q*

John_Q*

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 01:43 AM

What XP50 deal at buy.com? I don't see it listed there ...

They have the RP91, S55S, RP62, and S35K. Do you have a link?

#3 of 3 Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker

Second Unit

• 404 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 02:28 AM

John,

Sorry, no link. It was one of their advertised price mistake of the deal day for 24 hours that was listed on the day of my post. I think I've decided to just stay with the DV45A.
DJ_JonnyV