-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Time to talk turkey about DVD players

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker

Second Unit

• 404 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 02:38 PM

Alright, all this buzz about the outgoing Panny DVD players with the Faroujda (sp?) chip has got my dander up. This past winter I dropped close to 5 bills on a Pioneer Elite DV45A, and now I see this Secrets of Home Theater shootout showing the DV45A in nearly last place for video quality, and all these Pannys at the top. To date, I have been happy with the video performance of the DV45A, and it plays DVD-A and SACD as well. But, I'm the type of person who likes to have the best rated stuff in his price range, as long it doesn't break the bank. Should I bite on this XP50 deal at buy.com? Does anyone out there have any experience in comparing the DV45A head-to-head with the Pannys (XP50, XP30, RP82)? I have an itchy trigger finger, so any feedback would be extremely appreciated.
DJ_JonnyV

#2 of 3 John_Q*

John_Q*

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 01:43 AM

What XP50 deal at buy.com? I don't see it listed there ...

They have the RP91, S55S, RP62, and S35K. Do you have a link?

#3 of 3 Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker

Second Unit

• 404 posts

Posted May 26 2003 - 02:28 AM

John,

Sorry, no link. It was one of their advertised price mistake of the deal day for 24 hours that was listed on the day of my post. I think I've decided to just stay with the DV45A.
DJ_JonnyV