Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

flickering Pioneer SD-T50W1 RPTV - dry solder?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Botswana Jobbs

Botswana Jobbs

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 12:21 PM

Hi all.

Recently, my 5 y.o RPTV started losing its display briefly (audio remains, no video from cable, PS2, DVD, TV).

The entire screen goes black and then starts to flicker between plain grey, black and white backgrounds. It then returns back to the picture and will remain fine for say 24 hours and it starts again. Its getting more frequent, but its still intermittent.

Once the screen showed a jagged picture as though it was having trouble interlacing. Bits of picture, bits of snow, bits of green color...

Im thinking because of the intermittent nature and type of problem its not too serious, but at the same time am waiting for it to become more permanent so I can actually get it repaired.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be and what the fix could be? Im handy with electronics and soldering, but dont know if Im game to go at my $5,000 TV myself.

Any advice/help is appreciated! Thanks.