What's new

What is the name of this film? (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I thought it was called The Love Bugg or something along those lines, it was a late 60's film parody of the "Love Generation" where the government/corporations were worried that they would be made redundant if this whole "love/peace" craze continued. In their investigations they discover that "Love" is actually a virus that can be "treated" (this is shown as a animated Love Virus being attacked by various chemicals and such), they chose a hippie couple and watch them on their wedding night as they "treat" them, they become sullen and grumpy, get haircuts and the scientists think they have won...it ends with the male test subject on a roof looking at a flower fighting it's way up through the dirt & grime and "catches" the love bug again.

Anyone know what the hell this was called? I haven't seen it since the mid-70's but apparently it stuck with me.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
That's It! HTF comes through again. :emoji_thumbsup:

The toucan reference really opened up those old memory files, now I remember the doctors trying to fit an anesthesia mask over the toucan's beak in order to study the virus.
It's funny how memories from childhood stay intact yet get fuzzy over time.

Thanks.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Been a long time since I saw it, at least 1974/75.
I remember it played on the local late night Bijou Picture Show and my parents didn't know I was hiding behind the couch watching it with them....until I laughed out loud....:b :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks