Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What is the name of this film?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 09:18 AM

I thought it was called The Love Bugg or something along those lines, it was a late 60's film parody of the "Love Generation" where the government/corporations were worried that they would be made redundant if this whole "love/peace" craze continued. In their investigations they discover that "Love" is actually a virus that can be "treated" (this is shown as a animated Love Virus being attacked by various chemicals and such), they chose a hippie couple and watch them on their wedding night as they "treat" them, they become sullen and grumpy, get haircuts and the scientists think they have won...it ends with the male test subject on a roof looking at a flower fighting it's way up through the dirt & grime and "catches" the love bug again.

Anyone know what the hell this was called? I haven't seen it since the mid-70's but apparently it stuck with me.
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter

• 1,975 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 07:35 PM

Kevin M wrote (post #1):

[quote] [quote]
(synopsis taken from the Allmovieguide.com Website)
"Delenda est . . . . "

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Tommy Ceez

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit

• 436 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 02:13 AM

WOW Total 70's cheese!
"We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what someone else did." - Thomas Sowell

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 04:53 AM

That's It! HTF comes through again. Posted Image

The toucan reference really opened up those old memory files, now I remember the doctors trying to fit an anesthesia mask over the toucan's beak in order to study the virus.
It's funny how memories from childhood stay intact yet get fuzzy over time.

Thanks.
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

• 1,105 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 10:00 AM

I loved this movie as a kid!

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted May 21 2003 - 12:43 PM

Been a long time since I saw it, at least 1974/75.
I remember it played on the local late night Bijou Picture Show and my parents didn't know I was hiding behind the couch watching it with them....until I laughed out loud....:b Posted Image
-Kevin M.

- Roger Ebert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users