What's new

New "Doolittle" CD--worth an upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
Some Pixies remastered CD's were released today, and I was thinking about picking up "Doolittle" in particular. Can anyone who has the remastered version tell me if the sound quality is worth an upgrade over the previous edition?

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
According to this Pitchfork story, these are pretty much the same old releases. 4AD's contract with Elektra has ran out so they're just releasing them on their own label. Still I'm looking forward to that DVD in September!

Ike

Screenwriter
I'm sort of relieved it's more CD's I don't have to buy. That DVD sounds good.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
They aren't remastered, just rereleased under a different label. Even the artwork is identical.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
They aren't remastered, just rereleased under a different label. Even the artwork is identical.
I did notice the identical artwork at the store, and also that there was nothing promoting the fact that it (and the other Pixies re-releases) was remastered; apparently they aren't. Thanks, Tony.

Like Ike, I too am relieved that it's more CD's I don't have to buy. :emoji_thumbsup:

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah me too. In fact, when they were announced, I was ready to immediately dump my old set. Glad I waited for a more definitive word.

That DVD's gonna be amazing, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks