Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

XWX20B models

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Chris Paulson

Chris Paulson

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 07:55 AM

I have been longin' for a bigscreen for quite a while now but due to my current living situation (the fact that I move apartment to apartment annually)I don't think I will be looking to purchase one for a couple of years. Once I get into a more "permanent" location, I look to make a purchase.

Just curious if anybody has looked into these models from Hitachi and reason why they have/haven't looked at them.

Basically, I was wondering if it because of the price and what else you could purchase for that amount, or if it is because you can find equal performing models for a lot less.

I was also wonder about whether buying a tv with the HD converter built into the TV this "early" in the HDTV stages of life is a good idea or go with the HD monitor with the set-top box is a better idea?

Like I said, it will be a couple of years before I make a purchase, but I like to be as educated as possible before making a large purchase so many variables.

thanks.