Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Has "The Love Bug" been delayed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   John Gido

John Gido

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 03:08 AM

I tried calling Best Buy, Circuit City, The Disney Store, etc. and no one has ANY info on "The Love Bug" being released today. Has the release date been pushed back?
Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
-Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."-UnknownMy DVD Collection

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 04:30 AM

DVD Planet has it as IN-STOCK.

It sounds like you're facing the infamous problem of retailers not stocking catalog titles. Who want those old movies anyway?Posted Image

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   John Gido

John Gido

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 04:56 AM

I just called the 1-800-72-DISNEY phone number and they verified that it was, indeed, released today. I'm just curious as to why there are no B&M stores in the NJ area that are aware of/stocking it on the release day.
Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
-Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."-UnknownMy DVD Collection

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,629 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted May 20 2003 - 05:12 AM

I'm just curious as to why there are no B&M stores in the NJ area that are aware of/stocking it on the release day.
Because it's a catalog title and is put on the slow boat, as opposed to big new releases that are express shipped to stores.

Look for it to show up in probably 5-10 days. If you want catalog titles on, or close to, release date, order on-line. Posted Image
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor

• 509 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 06:29 AM

My Walmart had 20,000 Leagues but no Love Bug. Glad I ordered them online Posted Image
I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
--Bernie Faulkner

My DVD List at DVD Aficionado

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,081 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted May 20 2003 - 07:24 AM

My local Disney Store didn't have any Love Bug, 20,000 Leagues, or Rescuers discs in stock. Plenty of copies of the DTV Atlantis 2, though. Ah well. I ended up grabbing 20,000 Leagues at Best Buy and will have to wait for the rest. Best Buy doesn't even have The Love Bug listed as available on-line.

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 07:29 AM

Target(NJ) had 20,000 leagues and Atlantis 2, but no Love Bug. Good deal if you buy 20,000 leagues & Atlantis $4.00 off instant coupon.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Tony Scello

Tony Scello

Second Unit

• 318 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 07:43 AM

After visiting or calling a number of B&M's today, including The Disney Store, The Love Bug DVD is, apparently, no where to be found. I had no problem finding 20,000 Leagues...but The Love Bug is missinig in action. If your planning to try to pick this up at a B&M after work today, don't bother. It looks like some online venders got it in but they were the only ones. Hopefully, this is just a delay in shipping and it will be readily available later in the week.
"Something beyond comprehension is happening to a little girl on this street, in this house. A man has been called for as a last resort to try and save her. That man is The Exorcist."

#9 of 12 ONLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,442 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 07:54 AM

FYI-Here in California, the SF Bay area, I only tried my local Costco. They had all the big releases, Star Trek Nemesis, 20,000 Leagues, Dances with Wolves, Frasier, Cheers, but no Love Bug either.

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 08:39 AM

I got 20,000 Leagues, but I couldn't find The Love Bug or any of The Rescuers. Posted Image

I also finally got The Jack Ryan set. Posted Image

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter

• 1,090 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 08:52 AM

FYI, after going to several B&M stores today, I gave up on finding The Love Bug. I ended up ordering it from dvdempire.com this afternoon and they processed the order in less than an hour, so thankfully it's on its way to my door.

I really can't understand what Disney was thinking. Presumably they've put together a wonderful two-disc set for this movie and yet no major retailer has any info on it at all.

Very strange.

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   streeter

streeter

Screenwriter

• 1,391 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 11:14 AM

After visiting Target, Best Buy and Wal-Mart this morning, I placed an order on-line as well.
Nothing Lost Forever: The Films of Tom Schiller
"I'll tell you why... 'cause I'm a dancer."

home page / dvds