What's new

I pulled the trigger on the Infocus X1 (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I just ordered the Infocus X1 projector from Infocus for $999. At this time the are offering free ground shipping with it. Also, the $100 rebate is only going to be good thru to May 31st. I was also charged tax for Missouri but you may not have to pay any sales tax in your area.

If you are setting on the fence about getting one of these projectors now is the time to get one. This will be the lowest price that Infocus goes with the projector and the $100 rebate will be ending at the end of the month.

It should be here in about 4 to 5 days so I will let you know what I think. They do have a generous return policy of 30 days to allow you to evaluate the projector in your own home. If you don't care for it just return it for a full refund. They do not charge a restocking fee either.

It is going to be great to be back into front projection again. I have missed my FPTV since I sold it 4 years ago.

Parker

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Parker,

What a deal. This past month I made my last payment on my Hit RPTV that I bought last May. To say that I am having second thoughts after seeing this deal would be an understatement. To make matters worse for myself, I made the "mistake" of going to a local Hi-Fi shop and watching some HD on a DLP projector setup (92 inch screen). I'm amazed and although I don't have absolute light control in my basement, it could easily be achieved with minimal effort.

Freak, I feel like burying my head in the sand. :frowning:

Michael.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Michael:

I feel your pain. :) That is the way of electronics anyway. Just as soon as you pick up the latest and greatest they are replacing it with something better and cheaper.

I have been setting around waiting for the price of a FPTV to drop to $1,000 and it did so I couldn't pass it up.

Now I have to get the rest of the room set up.

Parker

John Rheaume

Auditioning
Congrats Parker,

I got my X1 about a week ago and I'm truly enjoying it. I made a screen for it out of 1 x 3's and a sheet of artists foam board. Cost totals out to under $1000 for 92" diagonal 16:9 TV. Bought the X1 for $960 after rebate.

Are you planning on permanent mounting or table mounting?

Enjoy!
:D

John

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
All I can say is this. If I did not currently own a FPTV, I would immediately buy an X1 online for us$999 (plus rebate). There is really nothing to debate at that price. Parker, congratulations.

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
I stand corrected :):)

Parker,

Thanks so much for the heads up on the price reduction and the change of the rebate. This deal is amazing!!

Just an FYI, but I think your statement about the return policy and no restocking fee is incorrect (at least based on the website policy).

http://store.infocus.com/kore/catalo...p_content.html

Did a phone rep tell you something different over the phone? If so, then that is great news. I have to go look at my bank account and stew over this decision a little longer :)

Tim:)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Tim:

The 30 day return policy with no restocking fee is what Amy with Infocus told me when I bought the projector. She told me that they give you 30 days to evaluate the projector and if you don't like it you can return it with no restocking fee.

Bob:

They are changing the rebate on this projector due to the drop in price. So the rebate form will be changed. I mentioned to her that the rebate form said June 30, 2003 but due to the changes in price of the projector the closing date for the rebate will too.

Parker

Michael Langdon

Stunt Coordinator
I also ordered my X1 from Amy at Infocus. I was given the same information as Parker regarding the return policy (30 days, no restocking fee, full refund).

Mike

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
With that info, how can I say no. I just ordered mine and heard the same info.....able to return with NO restocking fee.

Thanks for clearing that up Parker!!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I will be really interested in your findings with this projector too. I am going to have to rearrange living room furniture, my speakers, etc. so it may take me longer.

I really appreciate Amy from Infocus giving me the straight scoop on the return policy and being honest enough with me to let me know that the rebate is only going to be good through the 31st of May.

A great projector, great price and great customer service.

Parker

Oren

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, (*% it - I just ordered one, too. Spoke to Amy - she's great. And, yes, I also confirmed with her the 30 day return policy, no restocking, full refund. (Hopefully, I won't need to take advantage of that.)

NathanFlo

Auditioning
My purchase is dependent on when the rebate ends. The form says June 30, and if this is correct, I'm going to get it the first week of June. However, if it actually ends in May, then I probably won't get it.

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Neil,

There is a Canadian online dealer (authorized by Infocus) that sells the X1 for CDN$1399 before US$100 MIR. I believe that they are based in Quebec, so no PST for most provinces except for Quebec and probably the Maritimes.

LMK if you need the dealer's name.

Dave

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm SO ready to purchase one of these.

But wondering if I can install one in my living room.

Eye distance from screen,would be about 8-9 1/2 ft
Distance from projector to screen/wall, would be about 10ft

Would be able to control lite, when I stick the cardboards in the windows of the back patio.

All this front projector talk is wetting my appetite.
And I just recently got burn in on my 55' mits HDTV:frowning:

John Rheaume

Auditioning
JohnS

With the lens 10' from the screen the max you can do with a 16:9 screen is a little over 72" diagonal. Seated 8 feet from the screen you may see the slightest trace of screen-door, but a soft defocus will alleviate that. The front row seating in my room is 10' 6" from the screen. This is the nearest point where scree-door disappears for me.

If you go to the Infocus web site, they have a projector calculator which determines the screen dimensions from any distance(screen to projector). That tool will go a long way in helping you determine set-up capabilities for your situation.

Good luck

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
Two huge thumbs up for Amy!! I ordered my projector late yesterday and I was not able to speak to Amy as she was in a meeting. The girl I spoke with was very pleasant and made notes of my comments (free shipping; 30 day return with no restocking fee). Amy called me back and left a detailed message letting me know when the projector was going to ship, along with a confirmation of everything I had asked about.

All this with a 5 year warranty?!? Nobody should be ordering this from any other source besides Infocus directly!!

I can't wait to get mine now....

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
How does the image that this thing can produce compare to a 65" Mits 65905? HD (1080i), and DVD (either 480i (the faroudja upconverts it to what?) or 480P?
I am so tempted to get an FP but I think my wife would kill me. After I buy something she says 'are you done buying things now?' and I usually say yes (because I am ) and then I come back to the Forums and always find something new...
Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks