What's new

Simaudio + Totem... what do you think? (1 Viewer)

jorgen_boberg

Auditioning
Hello,
I have read this forum for some time but this is my first post and I would appreciate any comments on the following as there are very many skilled people on this board (I myself am pretty new to HiFi). I have purchased (but not received) the following equipment:

Simaudio Moon Stellar DVD
Simaudio Moon Titan 5 Channel Amplifier
Simaudio Moon Attraction 7.1 Processor

Now to the hard part I have to choose some speakers to go with this setup and I have narrowed it down to one of the following packages:

B&W Nautilus 803 Front
B&W Nautilus 805 Surround
B&W Nautilus HTM-1 Center
B&W Nautilus 800 Sub

or

Totem Mani-2 Signature Front
Totem Thunder Sub
Totem new Surround speakers which I dont have the model number of as they are pretty damn new
Totem Model 1 Center Signature Center (duh)

The room I am putting all this in is rather large (12mx7mx4m) or (36ftx21ftx12ft for the non-metric users), plus it's an open floor plan so it's really more open than that. In the shop both systems sound great (in a rather small room) but what I am worried about is if the Mani-2 will be able to give a good enough mid base >80Hz in such a large room?

Also has anyone run Totem or B&W with a similar Simaudio setup and if so what were your experiences? Any other comments are apprecited as well. Thanks alot.

// Jorgen

jorgen_boberg

Auditioning
Ooops... can a moderator please move this to the speakers forum. I seem to be a bit tired and posted to the wrong forum.... Thanks.

// Jorgen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks