Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Film Noir - LIST

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
830 replies to this topic

#821 of 831 OFFLINE   cadavra

cadavra

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted June 14 2009 - 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill:N
I hope I'm wrong but I have a suspicion that the July 14 release may just be a re-packaging of existing Columbia noirs.

Okay, here it is from the horse's mouth: July 14 was the original release date of Film Noir, Vol. 1, but it had to be pushed back to November. So--two noir sets, both in November, plus the Fuller box, date TBD.

Mike S.

#822 of 831 OFFLINE   Livius

Livius

Second Unit

• 407 posts

Posted June 14 2009 - 10:12 PM

Thanks very much for the update Mr S. and it's good to know that the two November noir sets and the Fuller box are definitely on the way.
Riding the High Country - My Movie Blog

#823 of 831 OFFLINE   Marcel H.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted June 15 2009 - 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livius
Thanks very much for the update Mr S. and it's good to know that the two November noir sets and the Fuller box are definitely on the way.

Jipp, must-buys for me. Posted Image Hope, 2010 will be as good as 09 in regard to Sony classics. Posted Image
Recently bought: Tracy & Hepburn the Definitive Coll., The Mountain, Rope of Sand, Taxi Driver (BD), Heroes of Telemark, Night of the Generals
Pre-Order: Knock on Any Door, The Outlaw Josey Wales (BD), The Man Who Would Be King (BD), Night Flight, The Hustler (BD)...
My Collection

#824 of 831 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted June 28 2009 - 01:17 PM

For what seems (to me at least) to be the first time in a long time, Fox Movie Channel (here in the U.S.) will be broadcasting "Slattery's Hurricane" this coming Saturday, July 4th.

#825 of 831 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted June 29 2009 - 02:10 AM

Can anyone tell me if VCI's "Edmond O'Brien" double feature of D.O.A. and The Hitchhiker are on par with Image Entertainment's release of D.O.A. in terms of source print and image quality?

I already have the patchy Kino release of The Hitchhiker from their Film Noir collector's set but I'm picking up some past due VCI titles now and want to add D.O.A. to my library... do I opt for this double-feature of stick with the Image release?

Thanks!

#826 of 831 OFFLINE   larryKR

larryKR

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted July 26 2009 - 05:02 AM

Is there any news on Warner Bros. noir box set vol.5? I believe it was in late March in the WB chat on this forum, they stated vol.5 was coming in the next few months. Still no announcement.

#827 of 831 OFFLINE   Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted July 26 2009 - 10:35 AM

Yeah, I'm also curious about the 5th box from warner. Their previous boxes have been spectacular, in my opinion (especially 4) and they still got quite a lot of gems they're sitting on. I really hope they're not planning to release these movies via the archive, because of the lesser quality, the dvd-r nature and, worst of all (at least for me), no shipping outside of the US...

#828 of 831 OFFLINE   Marcel H.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted August 29 2009 - 03:57 AM

Classicflix is reporting the following on the first Film Noir set by Sony:
http://classicflix.b...sics-vol-1.html

Quote:

It's expected to be a five disc set with four titles new to DVD (The Sniper, 5 Against the House, The Lineup & Murder by Contract) and a re-release of The Big Heat. Whether or not Heat will be remastered is unknown.

Bonus features are:

• Martin Scorsese on The Sniper, The Big Heat and Murder by Contract
  • Michael Mann on The Big Heat
  • The Influence of Noir with Christopher Nolan (The Lineup)
  • Commentary with Author's Eddie Muller and James Ellroy (The Lineup)
  • Commentary with Author Eddie Muller on The Sniper

Recently bought: Tracy & Hepburn the Definitive Coll., The Mountain, Rope of Sand, Taxi Driver (BD), Heroes of Telemark, Night of the Generals
Pre-Order: Knock on Any Door, The Outlaw Josey Wales (BD), The Man Who Would Be King (BD), Night Flight, The Hustler (BD)...
My Collection

#829 of 831 OFFLINE   Livius

Livius

Second Unit

• 407 posts

Posted October 17 2009 - 08:17 AM

Robert Siodmak's The Dark Mirror is getting a R2 release in Germany on December 4. It's coming from Koch Media, which generally means a good transfer and removable subs.
Desert Fury is also coming but I doubt if it could improve on the blinding transfer on the extant R4.
Riding the High Country - My Movie Blog

#830 of 831 OFFLINE   Marcel H.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted October 29 2009 - 08:28 AM

Wild Side Video in France announced Fritz Lang's Beyond a Reasonable Doubt and While the City Sleeps for a release in 2010 or 2011.
http://www.dvdclassi.../news_zone1.php

Maybe they are planned for Warner's upcoming Noir set. If not, those French DVDs might be a good alternative.

My Collection

#831 of 831 OFFLINE   Marcel H.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted November 01 2009 - 04:33 AM

It seems, that those two Lang Noirs will be released in December 2010 by Wild Side.

They're also planning to release Johnny Eager in 2011 as part of their LES INTROUVABLES line.
An alternative for those that don't want to buy the Archive disc.

http://1kult.guhmes....wild-side-2010/

My Collection

Forum Nav Content I Follow