What's new

Mech Assault content available (1 Viewer)

Scott "E"

Second Unit
Just to give you guys a heads up that the new Mech Assault content is up and ready for download. Two new maps (CTF) and two new Mech's.

Leo_P

Second Unit
The two new mech's are pretty sweet.:emoji_thumbsup: Much more useful that the Corvus or Raven. But in all fairness, I think the Raven and/or Corvus will be useful in CTF.
Anyway, I downloaded the two maps and two mechs which took all of 3 minutes.
I played Grinder with both mechs and here's my impressions:
The Hellbringer's Flame weapon is VERY NICE. It's kind of a cross between a Hammer missile and Lava and it looks fantastic. Unfortunately, the Hellbringer has no defense which will make it cannon fodder, especially 'cause no one's gonna want you around hitting them with Flames. It does, however, have jump-jets.
The other new mech, the Loki, is basically a mini-Atlas with null sig!:emoji_thumbsup: It's got Auto cannons, laser and missiles and it takes a while to overheat. Plus, the target-jamming lasts a pretty long time. Personally, I think I found my new favorite mech.:D
So, anybody up for some MechAssault tonight?

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Quick download, but new maps are for CTF only. :thumbsdown: Wish they would have been available for Grinder as well.

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Actually Leo, the Loki has null sig, not target jamming. The big difference is that I can't lock onto you with target jamming but I can with null sig as long as we are engaged in combat.

I also toyed around with both new mechs at lunch - the Loki suited my game play much better than the Hellbringer. I was surprised by the Loki's quickness. I was also surprised by how long it's null sig lasted. I can see this mech as a great addition to CTF.

The lobby interface is now what it should have been from the beginning. You can now see who is speaking in the lobby. The "voice" letters on the far right of the screen will flash when someone is speaking. In game, you can tell who is speaking as their name will be shown in yellow with a speaker icon in the top right of the screen. When the match is over, you have the option of waiting for the host to make another game.

All in all, great additions to an already great game.

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
Scar, hopefully Team Taco will be reunited at some point to play some. I feel like I haven't seen you guys in a long while...

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Ill be on tonight to play around 8 PM EST and should be on most of the night. see you guys there. off to dl the content

capt

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Will, we missed you last night! Makismc did a great job of filling in for you. He has become a ruthless slayer! See you tonight.

Leo_P

Second Unit
Oscar, you're right about the Loki's defense so I edited my post.
I only got to play acouple of games of CTF. One was a good experience, the other wasn't.:angry: I played one game with a couple of jackasses that were so intent on getting kills, meanwhile, this Kit Fox takes our flag and (since I was the only one playing defense) I had to go lumbering after it in my Atlas. We got our asses thoroughly kicked! Teamwork and communication are very important in CTF.
Anyway, I'll see you guys online.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I wish my team for Mech was on. Havent played with them since the last tourney :)

capt

David Glenn

Second Unit
Had fun tonight. Next time I want "yard" D. someone else be the runner. I should be around for some Wolfie & Mech CTF this weekend. I'm having a great time with Enter the Matrix and now Brute Force is just around the corner. not to mention my backlog of 50+ unopened DVDs.

Life is great, my wife wants to kill me...

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
That was a lot of fun, guys!

My first time playing with the HTF crew, hope we can play again later this week. Send me an invite if you see me online.

Users who are viewing this thread