• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 TimHON

TimHON

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted May 18 2003 - 02:47 AM

Not sure whether to post this here or in the HD forum but here goes. I just had HDTV installed by comcast yesterday and now I am a little confused. The comcast installer brought a Motorola 5100 and hooked it up(or rather I did it because he had basically no idea what he was doing). I finally found where the HD channels were but now I am confused as what to set the Motorola box to and then what to set the TV to. I understand all the different menu settings on the Motorola but when I set the output to 1080i I get bars on the side of the picture and an elongated picture. I realize this is because the signal broadcast right now isn't HD but I was hoping someone with a similiar setup could tell me what to set the Motorola box and the Toshiba to. I really can't believe that Comcast has rolled out HDTV in the Chicago area and has absolutely no support behind it. A couple of calls to customer support got me the same answer-- "We really have no experience with HDTV and can't give you an answer". They can't even get my HBO channel working. Thanks for any help.

#2 of 4 Bob Maged

Bob Maged

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted May 19 2003 - 02:35 AM

Motorola DCT-5100 FAQ

#3 of 4 Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts

Posted May 19 2003 - 04:13 AM

If your 36 is anything like the 50H82, the manual recommends Theatter Wide 1 for 1080i images with the bars on the sides. The Comcast box is fixed on no stretching or zooming for 1080i output, at least in Boston it is.

#4 of 4 TimHON

TimHON

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 02:30 AM

Thanks for the help. I think I have it figured out. the real problem comes in with the hodge podge of HD programming out there. Watched Raymond last night on CBS and it looked great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users