What's new

**4 New Superbit on August 5th** (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Four new Superbits have been announced. They are:

The One
The Quick and the Dead
Starship Troopers
John Carpenter's Vampires

These are all regular Superbits and not Superbit deluxes. They arrive on August 5th.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Sweeet.... I'm going to pick up Vampires! I can't figure out why everyone hates this movie :confused: I love it! :D

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Argh...Starship Troopers finally in DTS...argh...don't know whether to laugh or cry (I have the earlier 2 editions).

Joe

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
And why couldn't the 2-disc re-release of Starship Troopers last year include a DTS track? Oh yeah, I forgot. It wouldn't be a Sony title if they didn't do three different versions.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Rob Lutter,

Your not the only one.
I loved Vampires as well.
I'm also picking up Quick & the Dead

seems like the columbias the go $9.99 somehow make it to superbit.
So I'm wondering if Flatliners isn't too far behind.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Makes a guy go "Hmmmmmm." I really want Starship Troopers, but Vampires is a guilty pleasure (James Woods performance raises the entire thing for me), and The One is Eye Candy.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
JoshB thanks for the info!

Fortunately, I have not bought any of the current releases of these movies :) Now that they are being slated for Superbit releases in August, I may just pick up Quick and the Dead, Starship Troopers, and especially Vampires. cool movie!

All these should sound spectacular in DTS !

YeeeHawww!!

KimK

Stunt Coordinator
Vampires was the first DVD movie I ever bought back in 1999!

I think I'll be getting The Quick and the Dead.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
If I remember right, The Quick and the Dead's DD track already sounds excellent. Looking forward to the DTS track!

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Who here is fed up with the whole superbit thing. I picked up the first few titles, like fifth element, Dracula, Gattaca. But, basically, nothing since then.

I still don't understand, aside from the pure greed aspect, why can't sony simply superbit a film, and put out all the extras on a second disc. Sony has gone from being one of my favorite dvd producers to one of my least favorite. They've become very expensive here in canada with their product line, charging well above what warner, fox, paramount, univesal ask for, with older catalog releases.

I haven't bought a sony title in a while now. And the whole superbit line has chafed me for a while now. Other companies do superbit on a casual basis, they just don't have the snazzy covers or the elevated price structure.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
just pulled out the Starship Troopers SE for the first time since i bought it last year and i was marveling at the beautiful PQ (screensize about 86" diag).
and of course the sound was no slouch (tho i'm sure the DTS will be a little more full sounding).

anyways, i'm happy as a clam with the SE.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I already own Starship Troopers, Vampires, and Quick and the Dead...and I'm happy with em! :)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

Vote with your dollars, and don't buy them, then. They can release a title 50 times for all I care. I agree they are releasing mostly marginal films in this format, but I will be picking up Starship Troopers.
Back in the earl days, this was a refrence title, but the DD track has always left me a little cold. Hopefully, this new edition will be an improvement. I guess its the best treatment this title will ever get on the DVD format, so I'll buy it.

When the heck will WOLF Superbit arrive?

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
The next line of Superbits, which will proably come out near the end of the year are supposed to be Cliffhanger, A Few Good Men, Spiderman, Godzilla, and possibly Black Hawk Down. Their were also rumors that Wild Things would also make the list.

Chad Parks

Stunt Coordinator
If they hadn't already released the excellent Starship Troopers SE, I'd be all over that one. The DD track is excellent on that one IMO, so I see no reason to upgrade just for that.

Lucas Dang

Stunt Coordinator
The first Starship Troopers release had excellent picture quality, when the second version came out it was hard for people to point out the subtle differences on what some considered to be a perfect transfer.

Now that Im on the DTS bandwagon and I love Starship Troopers I probably will by round 3 which will be my first time. Hope it stays that way.

(Isnt Bad Boys on round 3?)

Im sure Fellowship of the ring would be a round 3 eventually.

I wish they would do more upgrade offers like the current one on Windtalkers SE. 10$ rebate.

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
I can't wait for Vampires! I was telling someone a few weeks ago that this needed the Superbit treatment. Nice move Columbia.

As for Starship Troopers, I love the movie, and I've purchased both of the previous editions. I don't know that I want to dip for a third one, especially being that I like the SE a lot. Though I'm sure the DTS track is going to be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks