Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Snow White Problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Jeremy_Z

Jeremy_Z

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted May 17 2003 - 09:38 AM

I was wondering if anyone has had any problem with freezing on the Snow White Platinum dvd. While watching the film, the disc freezes during the scene where Snow White first arrives at the dwarfs' cottage and begins cleaning with the animals. I believe it's at approximately the 28 minute point. I'm using a Toshiba player. Thanks!

#2 of 5 Andy_MT

Andy_MT

Second Unit

• 486 posts

Posted May 17 2003 - 09:54 AM

the point of layer change perhaps ? perhaps you've got a dicky second layer.

#3 of 5 Jeremy_Z

Jeremy_Z

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted May 17 2003 - 09:57 AM

I don't think it's the layer change because once it freezes it's frozen completely until I forward to the next chapter.

#4 of 5 Andy_MT

Andy_MT

Second Unit

• 486 posts

Posted May 17 2003 - 09:59 AM

i've had this problem on a few other DVDs (cast away, the majestic). quite annoying, you have to watch the movie with a whole chapter missing. oddly enough, it's always around the layer change point ...

i'd get a replacement, unless there is a known fault with toshiba players and this title. although this title is OOP, so that could be a problem.

#5 of 5 Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,471 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted May 17 2003 - 10:55 AM

It's not the layer change. It doesn't come until later in the movie with the old hag. Never experienced this problem before.
"Here's looking at you, kid."