Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Now and Again...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,855 posts

Posted May 15 2003 - 04:53 AM

I have been watching this show in repeats on Scifi channel. It really was a good show. And from what I read it did well in the ratings. But, it was on a major network(CBS) and got cancelled.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 3 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted May 15 2003 - 06:03 AM

It was a nice sleeper show, but might have been a little too "out of the box" for network fare. This could have been an anchor show on the Sci-Fi network or even FX though.
The star is now on Without a Trace.

#3 of 3 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted May 15 2003 - 07:20 AM

Quote:
And from what I read it did well in the ratings. But, it was on a major network(CBS) and got cancelled.
Contrary to how it sometimes feels, major communications companies aren't in the habit of throwing away something successful. N&A, if I remember correctly, started off OK but the good ratings didn't last.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...