Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

65H82 Owners

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 KurtG

KurtG

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted May 15 2003 - 01:24 AM

Well as some of you know I just received my Toshiba 65H82 yesterday. Overall I am very pleased with it. The picture is nice and crisp with DVD's but cable is a little off with some channels coming in better than others, this is to be expected of course. I was just curious what you other 65H82 owners had your display settings at, color, tint, sharpness, brightness and so on. Thanks.

#2 of 5 Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted May 15 2003 - 05:42 AM

Just bear in mind, Kurt, that there are unit-to-unit variations with the same make and model, manufacturing tolerances being what they are. What works for someone else might not work for you. A lot also depends on your own viewing conditions (ambient light, etc.).

#3 of 5 LowellG

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted May 15 2003 - 03:39 PM

I have a different question for you owners of the XXH82 models. I am considering one of the smaller models, but I am nowhere that I can see one in person. Are you able to use the space underneath the monitor for your A/V equipment, or do you have to use a separate A/V rack. Thanks, Lowell

#4 of 5 Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,529 posts

Posted May 16 2003 - 08:07 AM

LowellG,

The 42H82 has a separate stand available that will hold a DVD player but not much else. The 50" and above are floor standing models that have no storage space available. The only place for a/v components is on top (about 12" depth) or in a rack.

#5 of 5 Ron_L

Ron_L

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted May 16 2003 - 10:12 PM

I have the 42H82 and all the components are in a rack.