What's new

The Ongoing Survivor 8 All-Stars thread (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
It's now official, both Reality News Online and Zap2it have articles confirming the news. They haven't announced the castaways or the location yet, but the prize may be $2 million.

This is news is really exciting, but now we're going to have to wait almost nine months until this airs. I think it's definitely going to be worth the wait. :)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It's former contestants. I don't know if it's winners or losers. I'd love to see a mix of both. I could easily pick four or more from each season. I suspect that if it suceeds, we'll see this happen again.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
It sounds like they may have 18 castaways, three from each season. These are my initial picks, assuming 9 men and 9 women:

S1:Rich, Sue, Sean
S2:Tina, Colby, Jerri
S3:Ethan, Lex, Kelly
S4:Vecepia, Rob, Kathy,
S5:Brian, Robb, Shii Ann
S6:Jenna, Rob, Christy

I didn't like puttting all the winners in there but it sounds like that's what CBS wants to do so I'm going along with that right now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My list of Candidates (I picked non-final-two):

Season 1
Sean
Sue
Rudy
Jenna

Season 2
Michael
Alicia
Jeri
Jeff

Season 3
Lex
Big Tom
Kim Powers
Jessi

Season 4
Robfather
Sean
Gina
Hunter

Season 5
Erin
Clay
Tanya
Ted

Season 6
Rob
Roger
Christy
Deena

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Season1
Rich
Sue
Gretchen
Joel

Season2
Jerri
Colby
Elizabeth
Jeff
Michael

Season3
Ethan
Teresa

Season4
Hunter
Gina
John
Kathy

Season5
Jake
Ken
Shii Ann

Season6
Jenna
Christy
Deena
Dave

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
That's cool, but odd considering they advertised on TV and on the web for applicants for Season 8.

They must be reading the HTF. :)

I wonder if this means that Survivor 8 will be the last one.

I also wonder if many of the people mentioned above will actually WANT to return. I would imagine that it could be one of those "I loved it. I never want to do it again." things.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Yes, bring back the Robfather!

> I also wonder if many of the people mentioned above will actually WANT to return.

I'm sure enough to make a full cast would want to give it another shot, especially among those who were in the final 5 or 6 but didn't win. It's probably the winners who'd be likely to say no.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I don't think Survivor 8 will be the last. Mark Burnett has said before that he can see the show continuing for many more installments, and since CBS gets great ratings and the show has a lower budget than most other shows, I think it will be around for a while.

If the grand-prize is $2 million, I'm sure a lot of them would return. Putting money aside, this is probably the only way a lot of these people will ever get to be on a prime-time show again.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I can see alliances forming right now, all of the contestants that didn't win in the past will band together to ax the winners one by one.

As far as the prize going to 2 million, I think they should do that for the regular show also since they are making a killing off of this thing.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I would suggest putting the Survivors who were kicked out first, but that would result in a lot of old people and stupid people.

The best way to do it would probably be using the 3 who didn't win of the final 4 from each season.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see them do a Survivor where one person has to try to systematically kill off the others without any of the contestants finding out.

I'm kidding!

Frank_M

Stunt Coordinator
I think putting any of the previous winners on would be counterproductive. Just out of spite, they'd be voted off first. Plus, I think their motivation would be less.

I'd prefer to go with members of the final fours, and if that doesn't get deep enough then MAYBE some of them more interesting characters from earlier.

But I think if you had all non-winners, you'd have a lot of people thinking "well, this time I'll do something different" and it would be fascinating.

And if winning was their motivation, instead of just getting on TV again (Helloo..... Jeri!), that would make it much better.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
That's cool, but odd considering they advertised on TV and on the web for applicants for Season 8.
The current applicants are for Season 7 (Pearl Islands). I wonder is rejects from the upcomming season will also be invited, or if it'll be just 1-6.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
I remember hearing in an interview with Tina that she didn't want to do it again. However, 2 million and another 15 minutes of fame might change her mind.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Personally, I still wanna see "Arctic Survivor".

If they can't get their kerosine to ignite (yeesh) then they all freeze to death.

Plus they have to live on blubber. ;)

Would be fun. Short...but fun. ;)

---------------

Seriously, it WOULD make more sense if they had "memorable personalities" for the "All-Star" version, rather than the winners. Although I think Rudy would probably just smack Rob. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks