Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for a reasonably priced single disc progressive scan DVD player

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Alex_C

Alex_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted May 14 2003 - 03:11 PM

I don't know much about DVD players. Is $200 enough for a decent single disc player? I need a decent player for my 65" HD Mitsubishi.

What model/brand should I get?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted May 15 2003 - 12:02 AM

Alex, two players you should look at are the Panasonic DVD-S55S and 'F85. The 'S55S is a $130 single-disc player, and the 'F85 is a $150 five-disc changer. Both do progressive scan and DVD-Audio. See www.crutchfield.com for more on these players. Also, these players have been discussed here quite a bit, so do a search. Finally, I've seen the 'F85 at Circuit City, so you may be able to see one firsthand. The build quality is very good for the money.
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Scott Tucker

Scott Tucker

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts

Posted May 15 2003 - 02:31 AM

Alex, if you don't care about six-channel outputs there are a few players for under $100. Check out Panasonic, Pioneer and JVC.
Scott
"He's right. The ear's hacked off." Mr. Pink from Reservoir Dogs.