Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Panasonic DMR-E50 and DVD-R Discs

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Joe Reed

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted May 14 2003 - 06:57 AM

I am about to buy the new Panasonic DMR-E50 for about $380. which seems like a good deal, but now I would like to buy discs in bulk. My question is for those users of Panasonic dvd recorders what are some good dvd-r's. I checked out meritline.com, and there was an OptoDisc for around $.89 cents a disc, is the a good brand what is the most compatible with this player for a cheap price. Thanks alot guys.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted May 14 2003 - 01:09 PM

www.shop4tech.com is your best bet for DVD-R's. Ritek are very good and the Panasonic recorders have less problems reading them than other discs. I purchased a 50 lot of "Optodisc" because they were recommended for the Panasonic recorders but I haven't tried them yet. I am finishing up a batch of Ritek.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Rick Anderson

Rick Anderson

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted May 14 2003 - 01:15 PM

I have a Panasonic DVD burner and have used Memorex, Maxell, and Verbatim discs with no problems.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Joe Reed

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted May 14 2003 - 10:12 PM

Thanks guys, I really like Verbatim cd-r's I have used around 400 and have had no bad discs yet so hopefully I won't run into problems with their dvd-r's. Ernest when you use the optodisc can you please let me know how it turns out? Has any one used Meritline's brand of dvd-r I can get a 50pack with dvd cases for $88.00

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users