Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Audio D/A Converters in DVD Players

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 SeanA

SeanA

Second Unit

• 329 posts

Posted May 13 2003 - 03:44 PM

Is the "Burr-Brown" processor used by the Denon DVD players superior to most others ??? I have read a few positive comments on the Burr-Brown in this forum, but I am not sure what sets it apart (if anything).

The audio D/A convertor in my Toshiba SD-4800 has the same specs (24 bit, 192 kHz) as the Burr-Brown, so should it be equally as good ? For that matter, does anyone know who the manufacturer is of the Toshiba audio D/A convertor ?

I guess I am asking only because I am still thinking of buying a refurbished Denon 900 or 1600 player. I know the video processor (Faroudja) in the Denon should be better, and if the audio processor is also superior... I will probably go ahead and buy one of the Denon players.
Sean
Samsung HL-R4667W DLP, Denon DVD-1600, Sony DVPNS75H, H/K AVR 225, Wharfedale Emeralds and Diamonds