Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

25% off Previously-Viewed at Blockbuster

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,779 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted May 13 2003 - 02:46 PM

My Blockbuster is running a sale for 25% off all previously viewed movies and used video games. I think they're trying to limit it to one sale title per visit, but I was able to score 5 all at once. Posted Image But be warned the computers are set up to only allow one discount title per sale, so either make them do a manual take-off (like my guy did) or have them ring them each up as separate sales.

And it's a good idea to watch while they scan them and check your receipt anyway. One of the used titles I selected was price-marked $9.99 but scanned at $19.99. Posted Image
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,893 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 15 2003 - 08:58 AM

None of the BBs around me have anything about limiting the sale to one title -- I've never heard of that before. However, they *are* selling Metroid Prime for $14.99 - with the discount that's $11.24!!! (They've got it new for $20.)
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,779 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted May 15 2003 - 02:31 PM

Perhaps they reprogrammed the system. My BB guy said they were working to change it. But I know that when I took my 5 titles to the counter, the register would only discount 1, then the remainder were at regular price. Hence his need to take a manual discount. I think it said something about "Limit one discount per transaction per visit," or something like that, in the teeny tiny print on the signs.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Keir H

Keir H

Second Unit

• 468 posts

Posted May 20 2003 - 04:15 PM

THanks for looking out! I see it here around the corner from me too but I like to wait for the 'All prev. DvD's $9.99' much better deal because I have notice that when they run the 25% off deal, they markup the titles anyway so they dont lose much at all...ex: I saw 8 Mile at 14.99 the other week but now here at the one by my house is mark at 16.99..

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,589 posts

Posted May 24 2003 - 09:31 AM

I always pick up a few titles when they have a used sale. I have not noticed them raising prices during a sale. Was that 2 different stores? I've also never heard of a 1 title per purchase limit. I know they do limit you to, I think, 2 of one title per purchase. Got Secretary for $9.75, Far From Heaven for $11.25, Ali for $5.25 and Birthday Girl for $7.50. May still get another or 2 before it ends, which the local store says is 6/2. I'm hoping they lower Reign of Fire before this sale is over.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Anthony_Fros

Anthony_Fros

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted June 07 2003 - 12:31 AM

What's everyone's ratio of okay to damaged PVT/DVD's look like? I work in a small video store, and some of the rental returns I know for damn sure wouldn't work well upon check-in. Some of them look like people have skipped them across the driveway, then eaten off of them. Ever wondered how Gamecube games get wrecked? There's like an inch of disc, and some of them come back as if someone played hockey with them. I recently picked up a Previously viewed DVD from my store, but have yet to try it out. There's definitely scratches on it, so we'll see if my player can handle it.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,779 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted June 07 2003 - 07:10 AM

I've never had any problems with any used DVD's. My worst was probably the copy of "Ghost Ship" I picked up during the last Blockbuster sale. It had quite a few scratches, but it played fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users