What's new

Any "Finding Nemo" Reviewers out there? (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Disney is holding tight reign on reviews. Special previews are going to happen this weekend for critics, I understand. So far buzz is great. Theatre owners predict it will outgross Monsters Inc.

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
I'm am absolutely hanging for this movie! Looks like it could be one of the best Pixar movies for sure. They havn't let us down yet. I keep dreaming one day they'll make a movie for more mature audiences...one day

Guy_K

Second Unit
Perhaps when PIXAR and Disney split apart, they might go for a more serious project.

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
Does it REALLY matter how "adult" a film is? Every movie they've created has been wonderful in its own way. As long as they maintain their standard, I couldn't care less about content.

However -- I must admit that out of all of the studios to push mature animation in the U.S., Pixar would have the best chance for success.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Ican't wait to see this one. The commercials have each made me laugh several times, which is better than most comedies ;) I don't know what it is about Pixar, but they hit it out of the park every time.

Looking forward to it :D

Take care,
Chuck

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I really can't wait to see this. Monsters, Inc. was great, and Pixar is definitely upping the quality of their films with each successive one in every way.

And the bright colors are going to look beautiful on the big screen.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
A local AMC theater owner says that he believes "Finding Nemo" could to "Lion King" type business; his argument is that it's a great film, Pixar's first summer offering, good buzz, and it will go unchallenged by really top-notch kid fair for a good while. The other argument he says is that AMC has several DLP theaters, and as he pointed out "people will die to see this thing in DLP"

Brice

Stunt Coordinator
sooooooooooooo beautiful...

i'm speachless on the quality oh it's soooo beautiful and colorful, it's an orgy for the eyes... i can't wait, oh how i wish i was doing that for a living, that would be the life...

brice

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Yep the preview I saw before X2 looked great and had the audience laughing all the way through.

The visuals, especially the water were stunning!

This will be the BO champ of the summer!

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Pixar can do no wrong in my book. As thigns are, until tey prove they can actually make a bad movie, I'm waiting with baited breath for every movie they make. I can't wait for Nemo.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
This may be the first film I take my three-year-old son to see at the theatre. I have never taken him before, but I think he will sit through this one ok.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I kep telling my oldest son (7) that this was going to be a great film. He was unconvinced after seeing the first trailer. I guess it seemed boring to him but it was very low key, much like the first Bug's Life trailer was. Anyway, based on the plot and the second trailer, it is more obvious that there will be some good action in it. He now wants to see it. :)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
This may be the first film I take my three-year-old son to see at the theatre. I have never taken him before, but I think he will sit through this one ok.
Thinking of doing the same with my 3 year nephew. He did ask for a snorkle and mask though.

(Be advised that, at least in the original screenplay, there is a death at the beginning of the film - the mother fish. Since it is rated G it's possilble that element has been minimalized. Don't know.)

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Monsters Inc was the first film my daughter saw on the big screen. She was just shy of her 3rd birthday and she did great. We'll be going to see Nemo for sure. I also predict that this will be HUGE box office. Kids movies generally SUCK but people know Pixar is a stamp of quality. Disney on the other hand...

By the way, I still contend that Pixar hasn't topped the Toy Story films yet but thats me... :)

AaronJB

Second Unit
I was lucky enough to see "Nemo" in the past week. Let me just say you will definitely, definitely not be disappointed.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Following Nemo is Sinbad (July 2). It's rated PG 13, obviously for more violence and some "sex appeal". Seems to be a non "3D" film... flat visuals, which is fine. (Lilo & Stich proved you don't have to CGI everything to death). The story is timeless but Dreamworks has had a spotty record with their animation releases. I suspect Nemo will drown Sinbad and his cohorts! :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Finding Nemo is probably one of the few animated films (of any sort) in the last few years that I've really wanted to see.

Beyond the visuals, Pixar gets great voice casts. I guess the partnership with Disney is responsible, but it still works out great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks