What's new

Rotel 1075 w/ B&W 603s (1 Viewer)

Arnie_A

Agent
Hi all. Does anyone have this setup, Rotel 1075 with B&W 603s? (it doesn't matter what the surround speakers are)

I might be going for this purchase soon and would like some input from those who have this setup as far as:

- Clarity of the highs
- Rotel's capability of driving the speakers
- Tubbiness (or not) of the 603s?

I will try to go to a shop here and listen to the same setup. If the highs aren't clear, I might just go with 602.5s.

Thanks for any input.

Lam Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
This would be a very nice setup, rotel and B&W makes a nice combination. I have the 1075 with B&W CDM7NT. The 603 has good highs and warm midrange, the 1075 is more than capable of driving these speakers. I ve been very happy with my purchase of the 1075 amp. No, it won't sound like tube if that's what your refering to.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Arnie:

Very nice combo! I have CDMs across the front matched with Rotel 1066 pre/pro and 1075. Great sound, plenty of power. You should be very happy with the 1075 driving 603s.

BTW: I use 601s for my rears. I've had them for four years, and they sound as sweet as ever.

Arnie_A

Agent
Mark, I will be using 601s for the rears also but I will stick to 600 series all around since I can't afford CDMs for now.

I heard the combo today and yes, the power is there and the speakers sounded clear with lots of good natural bass. One thing I noticed is that the highs weren't as crisp, but after I changed the tone settings on the demo Rx, it sounded like highs from the 601s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks