Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Everwood - 5/12/03

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,215 posts

Posted May 13 2003 - 01:56 AM

Ah, poor Nina, she deserves so much better. But this does springboard into romantic possibilities for Nina and Andy for next season. Never did like Nina's absentee hubby. The Andy/Ephraim subplot doesn't really cover new ground, it's sort of getting old, actually. Now, the Amy/her dad subplot was actually pretty good. The Colin subplot is getting tedious. Just go, already!
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Don Black

Don Black

Screenwriter

• 1,485 posts

Posted May 13 2003 - 01:59 AM

SPOILER (although I don't really see why since the show already aired) . . . . . . . I didn't understand the point of making the husband gay/bi-sexual. It seemed like an un-needed twist unless is somehow becomes related in the future.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin Goodwin

Kevin Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts

Posted May 13 2003 - 02:53 AM

[quote] I didn't understand the point of making the husband gay/bi-sexual. It seemed like an un-needed twist unless is somehow becomes related in the future. [quote]

I think they just wanted to shock us. I know I didn't see that one coming. Posted Image

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,215 posts

Posted May 13 2003 - 02:59 AM

Anyone think the voice on the other end of the phone call could have been Bright Abbott? Just kidding.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,438 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 13 2003 - 09:58 AM

Patrick: It's not quite that soap operary.. I agree with many that, while decent, wasn't up to the quality of other episodes this season. I do like that they are un afraid to take on controversy (though homosexuality shouldn't be). I hope her husband returns atleast in the context of her son. The situation between her and her husband is more common than many would admit (though less so in today's more liberated society). It would be interesting to see that dramatized as the "C" plot now and again.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted May 13 2003 - 10:11 AM

It was a way of getting rid of the husband for good. It's one thing for a wife to forgive a "lapse", but when he's been lying to her the whole time about "who he is", that kicks it up a notch. Plus it did have that good shock value. //Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users