What's new

Sony 1272Q colors out of alignment and adjustments don't work (1 Viewer)

Brian_Lay

Auditioning
I have a Sony VPH-1272Q, everything was aligned and functioning normally and as I was watching a program the colors went out of alignment and the size of the image was reduced. Prior to the problem the image size was approximately 6'x8' and now the image size is about 4'x7'.

The color's are offset from each other about 6" and make a ghost like image of the red, green, and blue. When using the arrow button to adjust the crosshairs to line up the colors, the alignment numbers change but the cross hairs and the image do not line up. I have tride all of the various alignment options and setups, they all seem to make the numbers for alignment change, but none actually affect the screen alignment anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have the setup, installation, and service manual for the unit but am at a lose as to were to go now after looking them all over and trying various things. Is there a fuse or a particular board on the unit that controls the actual adjustment?

Thanks for taking the time. Look forward to any feedback. I am relatively new to the CRT stuff, but after having one installed for five months now, I would like to see it up and running as soon as possible.

:frowning:

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Did you enter serviceman mode when you made the adjustments? Sorry to ask the obvious but if you aren't in the proper mode all the adjustments in the world won't help. From your description either a) a memory setting got accidentally changed (hopefully) or b) you have a projector that needs servicing.

Brian_Lay

Auditioning
Yes, I entered the serviceman mode by pressing and holding down the test button, then answered the prompt,"Yes" to enter serviceman mode.

All of the adjusting, in any of the modes, makes the numeric adjustment indicator go up or down, i.e. from 50 to 51,52,53...etc, but the adjustment lines showing the three colors just don't move.

All other functions seem to be working, I can change other none alignment types of settings.

Bill, thanks for your reply. If you have any other suggestions or tips I am surely open to them. I am hoping this is something I will be able to resolve myself or narrow down to a specific part or setting.

Sean M

Stunt Coordinator
Check the CRT projector forum at www.avsforum.com if you haven't already. I have a 1271Q and I'm at a loss as to what might be the problem. The CRT gurus there might be of more help.

Brian_Lay

Auditioning
The same is already posted at avsforum, I have had two replies here and none so far there.

Thanks for taking the time, I appreciate any feedback I can get on this. The silence though is deafening. It looks like a service call may be in the near future.

Thanks again,

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Were you making any adjustments to the PJ when this happened or did it just do it out of the blue? Had you recently done anything to the PJ?

Brian_Lay

Auditioning
Chris, this happened right out of the blue. You might say red, green, and blue.

I was actually setting there watching a little ESPN and having a morning coffee. I hadn't made any adjustments to any settings for probably a month.

The PJ had been working fine, powering up with no problem and working fine.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
I would say one of your boards probably went out, but that is just a somewhat educated guess. I looked for your thread over at AVS and didn't see it, what is the thread title?

I would suggest emailing Curt Palme, he is very willing to help people even if you didn't buy the PJ from him.

Good luck hope you track the problem down.

Users who are viewing this thread