-

Photo
- - - - -

Laserdisc Error Code - HELP!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   SHAWN SZILEZY

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted May 12 2003 - 10:23 AM

All,
Last night I tried to watch a LD on my Pioneer CLD-79. To my surprise, the only thing that came across my screen was a P5 error code. What exactly is this code and is my pride and joy player done for? Posted Image
Thx......Shawn

Some Mo-Fo's always want to skate uphill - Blade

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,994 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 12 2003 - 02:03 PM

The only P5 code I can find says "2 discs may be loaded on tray" I'm going to guess this isn't the problem. It's possible that the tray is misaligned or that a disc isn't seated properly.

I would try cycling the machine on and off a few times, maye opening and closing the door without a disc loaded a time or 2, trying a couple different discs as some simple trials. It's possible that the spindle isn't functioning or clamping onto the disc properly and the machine is sensing something out of whack.

If it continues to give problems, I talk to a tech and see if they have any idea or shooting a message to Kurtis Bahr who knows more about Pioneer Elite LD players than anyone I know. He reads to forum sometimes and may jump in here in a moment. I don't have his email handy though if you do a forum search, I know it's been posted sometime recently.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   SHAWN SZILEZY

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted May 12 2003 - 11:48 PM

David,
Thanks for the reply. I contacted Kurtis soon after my post. He gave me a procedure to try. Posted Image
Thx......Shawn

Some Mo-Fo's always want to skate uphill - Blade