What's new

Superman to battle Capt Archer (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
WB is moving their Highly rated Smallville to Wed 8Pm next fall. Placing it head to Head with the Crew of Enterprise. This certainly cannot be good for Enterprise's Declining Ratings. Enterprise is going on a "New Direction" We'll see if this helps I sincerely Doubt it. I'm a trek Geek but my Tivo will be getting Smallvile on Wed nights and Enterprise on the weekly rerun broadcast. Let the Heat Rays and Phase Pistols Fly !

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
When I saw the headline I thought B&B were going to steal yet another idea and pit the Enterprise against the Man of Steel but this news is Great. I hope Clark and Lana and the people of Smallville knock the tired Trek show out of the water.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Damn, I was hoping to get away from having to tape 2 shows at the same time. Right now I have to tape 24 and Smallville. Wed. night was free with just 1 VCR running to record Enterprise and Twilight Zone. Damn network yahoos, keep making my life more difficult.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, for me, it'll be Smallville, Ed, and Enterprise (which might get the boot if their bold new direction stinks) in the Wedneday 8 p.m. timeslot.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I've always gotten 24 on the repeat shown Monday nights on FX, both Smallville and Enterprise have weekend repeats so it'll be a non issue I'll just be a week behind on Enterprise, no biggie I usually don't get around to watching it till the following week anywho

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I love how networks think... Let's see, they have their strongest night of the week with Gilmore Girls and Smallville on Tuesdays! So do we leave it be and shore up the shoddy parts of the schedule? No, we fuck around with it until none of the shows are successful:rolleyes

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, Space Battleship Enterprise is tanking anyway. I'm more happy for the boost Angel should get off of Smallville. Frankly I'd cheer the tanking of Smallville, and more sigh at the tanking of Enterprise

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Luckily, I get Dishnetwork and we get 3 WB's. One in New Jersey, one in Denver and the other in LA. So next fall I can watch Enterprise at 8pm. Then Smallville at 9pm or 11pm. ;)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps this will encourage UPN to move Enterprise to 9PM where it belongs.

Jeff, jeff, jeff, naysayer of all things Enterprise, chill.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Damn it, Smallville was doing EXTRODINARY in its time slot, why move it and confuse people? Why must networks DO that?
Well, in this case, it's so that established hits like Gilmore Girls and Smallville can provide a lift to either new shows (the Rachel Leigh Cook action hour) or shows not reaching their potential (Angel). It's about leveraging success to create more success.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone think the violence in Smallville will be toned down with the move to the 8 p.m. timeslot?

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
There is simply too much competition on the Tuesday, 9/8 c timeslot.

"24", "The Guardian", "Frasier", "Smallville", are all competing for an increasingly fragmented audience.

To be honest, I haven't watched any of the Wednesday primetime shows regularly for about the last 5 years. The lineups are blah and the night needs a boost.

I end up missing episodes of "Smallville" and try to catch them on the weekend EasyView. However, having the show on Wednesday will leave me with something to watch. I think the show is a terrific teeny-bopper variation on the superhero thing, and the actors are pretty damn likable. It will be the show that will "live long and prosper."

"Enterprise" is a non factor. There was a time when ST:TNG was the highest rated show among males age 18-49...ST:DS9 was #2 with that demographic. It used to be that people talked about NextGen and it was a pretty "buzzworthy" show.

They haven''t found a concept that really works for Trek since the mid-90s. Does the general public even know this show is on???

Star Trek -- going back to the 60s -- never worked in a "prime time" lineup. Star Trek was designed to be a show that was in syndication and aired on Saturdays.

I grew up watching Trek that way in the 70s and the 80s. I was glad that TNG aired on weekends in syndication. I was glad that DS9 aired on weekends in syndication.

UPN re-airs Enterprise on weekends, but the former cable access station that my cable provider has UPN on has terrible picture quality.

Trek was better before they tried to use it in a prime time lineup during the work week.

Tricorder readings indicate that Clark, Lana, Chloe, Pete, and Lex will kick "Enterprise's" green-blooded Vulcan butt into the far reaches of the Gamma Quadrant.

It is the logical assumption...

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I really don't think Smallville will be toned down considering it airs late afternoons on Sunday during it's Easy View Rerun.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I am surprised at how many people actually are sticking with Enterprise because it stinks.
At least there is character development in Smallville.

Tone it down? Whats to be toned down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks