Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Speaker Choices?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Kevin_Welch

Kevin_Welch

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted May 11 2003 - 10:55 AM

I am getting ready to puchase new polk LSi15s and want to get opinions and other choices you know of or would compare i can get these for $1000.00 so any others should be around there, i just want more input before i pull the trigger K~

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   matt_yots

matt_yots

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted May 11 2003 - 12:37 PM

Their side firing woofers are extremely sensitive to placement. The Vifa tweeter in the 15s make the upper range sound somewhat comparable to the Rocket 750s (totally different crossover design). I actually preferred the 750s for two channel music ahead of the Polks, but this probably had more to do with the listening conditions (someone's home vs. electronics store). Pull the trigger if your looking for top notch HT, I advise that you keep shopping if you plan on doing extended two channel listening. FYI, I'm starting to develop an ear for detailed monitors, so my opinions might be slightly biased.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users