Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Can I add a line scaler/doubler

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Craig Aguiar

Craig Aguiar

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted May 11 2003 - 03:55 AM

Hypothetical question here. Lets say I had an LCD FP with a not so good deinterlacer/scaler. Could I use an external line scaler/doubler, connected to the 15 pin XGA input to increase the quality of the picture? If so, would it work if connected to the component video input? Or, am I way off in left field. Does a line scaler/doubler increse the quality of picture at all? Thanks for all of your help, Craig.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Dmitry

Dmitry

Supporting Actor

• 743 posts

Posted May 11 2003 - 07:35 AM

[quote] Does a line scaler/doubler increse the quality of picture at all? [quote] In short — most of them do. Your mileage may vary with different brands/models and projector combinations, but normally a line-doubled (with 3:2 reverse pulldown for film sources) picture will look better than interlaced. Whether it'll be better than built-in doubling depends on the respective quality of that one and the external you're looking to use.
My DVDs

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor

• 986 posts

Posted May 11 2003 - 08:30 AM

you would need to find out if the projector will bypass the internal scaler when fed it's native resolution, many do not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users