Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone familar with this cd player?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Damien

Damien

Supporting Actor

• 508 posts

Posted May 10 2003 - 10:16 PM

well i know this may be trolling but since this is the hometheater forum i don't know where else to go with this.

here it is

http://www.bestbuy.c....at=60&scat=247 - has everything for $90 except *bass boost* and remote. I can't live w/out that...looks really awesome too.

BUT circuitcity has these:

http://www.circuitci....k_15&oid=68197

They have an "XBS" system, the one BIG feature the cd player itself doesn't have. Is there a switch on the headphones or something?

thank you

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted May 11 2003 - 12:59 AM

Damien, you are not trolling. Yes, this is Home Theater Forum, but you posted a question on the Audio/Video Sources board. Questions about CD players are allowed. Posted Image

Unfortunately, I am not an expert on portable CD players. That said, Panasonic seems to have a very good reputation for the quality of its portables based on what I have read. I've never owned a Panasonic portable, but I've had good luck with Sony portables. Sony includes remotes with some of its portable CD players, but in general, remotes are not common with portables. I wouldn't worry about the lack of bass boost. In my opinion, it alters the sound and usually sounds muddy.
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Damien

Damien

Supporting Actor

• 508 posts

Posted May 12 2003 - 02:43 PM

i picked it up, i like everything besides not being able to FF the mp3's and the lack of mp3 titles. It also isn't shielded, but is water resistant. The pack-in headphones look good from the outside, but sounded like total trash when I put them on, so I threw them in the garbage where they belong. The other extra's it lacks is a remote and jog dial. But these are just convience gripes, this unit has everything you could ask for performance wise. overall i think it is a very good value for the money.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted May 12 2003 - 11:00 PM

Damien, glad to hear that the Panasonic player works for you. I have a basic Sony (no remote, no MP3, etc.), but it was cheap. It works for me.
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza