-

Photo
- - - - -

DVD audio& video upgrade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Adam_Bailey

Adam_Bailey

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted May 10 2003 - 10:32 AM

I have a Toshiba DVD player (sd-k710), with progressive scan enabled, it looks really good on my projector (NEC LT240--stewart firehawk); only one problem, it doesn't do DVD audio. I didn't even know what DVD audio was when I bought it, so now, even with the limited media selection, it's going to drive me crazy if I don't have DVD audio.

So the question is, do I buy a whole new unit and sell this one or just buy a dvd audio player? The main consideration would be, if I bought a new more universal unit, say the Denon 1600 or 2900, would it make my picture noticably better too?

The problem with a 92" screen is that the bad is larger then life along with the good. Now most of the time it looks really good, but some scenes still have problems rendering some kinds of surfaces (flickering)--the most problems so far I found while watching "the haunting", the floor in the "great room" of the house mainly.

Does anyone have experience going from a cheaper progressive scan dvd player to a higher end one? Is there a noticeable or even significant difference in resolving "flickering" kinds of problems?

Also, is there much quality difference between the Denon 1600 and 2900?