Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Resetting Sony 19" Trinitron KV-19TS20 - NO REMOTE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Todd Alexander

Todd Alexander

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted May 10 2003 - 09:52 AM

I am trying to reset my Sony 19" Trinitron KV-19TS20 (bought in June of 1991). I lost the remote and cannot access the menu. There is no reset switch on the back near the video plugs. I tried a universal remote and had no luck. I'm willing to open up the TV and flip a switch if I have to, but I would appreciate someone's input if they know anything.

Thanks,
-Todd

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Steve Berger

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor

• 961 posts

Posted May 10 2003 - 02:56 PM

Unfortunately there is no magic method to access the menu functions on this set. What's worse is that the only Sony remote still available that can access setup features runs about $60.(if it's still available) On a better note the One-For-All universal remotes could send almost any command needed (might not be real convenient-a 4 button sequence to activate a single command). Once you have the basic codes for your set they will supply the additional info upon request - at least that is the way it used to work.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Todd Alexander

Todd Alexander

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted May 11 2003 - 02:36 AM

Thanks, I'll look into the remotes.

-Todd