Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Plasma or LCD?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Meaux

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted May 10 2003 - 04:08 AM

I've been reading reviews on a few plasma TV's, and some say that when a low quality signal is used, ie: cable, OTA, the picture gets grainy. Well, I watch alot of so-called "digital cable" and a grainy/distorted picture won't do. Is LCD projection different? My 2 yr. old 50" Toshiba 50H81 died and I'm looking for the same size screen, or maybe smaller. I'm kinda turned of with the continous convregence adjustments, so would I be better off getting a 40 Tube TV, or a LCD? I'm totally ignorant on all this new stuff. Sony makes an LCD projection, sounds funny huh? Thanks

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Todd Alexander

Todd Alexander

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted May 10 2003 - 08:40 AM

I don't know a lot, but the LCD projection is a mix of typical projection and LCD tech. You will not get burn in with this type of set, but it is not a true flat panel, but is lighter in weight. The burn-in factor alone makes it a better choice. The same goes for Samsung's DLP TVs. Yet another type of tech comboing with projection TV. Yup, there's a lot of stuff out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users