What's new

Philips Q35 multi-region conversion (1 Viewer)

Brad Hood

Agent
I have a Philips Q35 DVD, and I'm thinking of changing it to a Region 0 (multi-region) player. It looks as if the player will convert PAL to NTSC, as I've tried a U2 Region 2 DVD single from England, but I think it's actually encoded as Region 0.

I don't have any true Region 2 discs to try, has anyone else tried this with a Q35?

My other question is this: Are there any Region 1 discs that are Region 0 blocked, i.e. won't play on a multi-region player?

Note to admin: My apologies if this is a no-no, but I believe discussing region hacking is kosher, yes?

Brad

Brad Hood

Agent
Well, to answer my own question, I just got my first Region 2 PAL DVD (The Sting WS) today, and it works fine. I've also tried out The Patriot (Region 1), which isn't supposed to play on some multi-region players, and it plays just fine as well.

If anyone is interested, the hack I used for the multi-region conversion is:

Power On the unit with the TV on.
Press Open/Close to open the tray.
From the Remote enter 1, 1, 1, 1.
Press 0 (Country Code).
Press Open/Close to close the tray.

You will see a message that says "New Region: 0," or something like that.

With a street price of $129, I'm pretty happy with the player, and how many people can say they got there multi-region player at their neighborhood Target.:D

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks